Why is this happening to me? *whingy girly stuff*

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by RainbowChaser, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

I've been looking at posts and dates and things, trying to work out where this whole bad patch has come from, and I think I got the answer: The bad patch started at the same time I started my period.

My period started 3 and a half months ago, and hasn't stopped since :dry:

Apparently it's stress related, and the pill I'm on won't make it any better, but I can't go back on a nice regulating pill until I loose about 5 stone (or 70 pounds or 32kg), so I might have to deal with this for a while...

So, because this is driving me completely over the edge, I need help with the following if possible:

• A way to stop feeling so yucky without having to go to the extent of having two or more baths a day
    • Some way of getting rid of the pain when it's at it's peak
    • Someone to understand what I'm going through, without me sounding like a whiney little bitch
    • A back rub (I did say 'if possible' :laugh:)
    • Any other tips a woman who's been PMSing for three and a half months might need

Don't worry about the weight loss thing, I'm working on that, by having absolutely no money :eek:hmy:

2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Aw Sammie :hug:

I don't think you're whining at all and I couldn't reply to your text as I have no credit but I don't think you've been mean or anything recently, certainly not to me anyway quite the opposite and of course I don't hate you.

A way that could help make you feel a bit more comfortable without needing to shower two or more times a day is to use feminine wipes you can get them with some packs of Always or seperately, PH balanced. They could make you feel a bit more clean so maybe that's something you could try.

As for the pain, hot water bottles help me a lot or you can get these heat pads that warm up when you put them next to your body and you can walk around with them inside your clothes. It's a bit of a pain and is a bit obvious carrying a water bottle around when you go shopping. Heh. Then there's painkillers etc. Maybe a trip to the pharmacist and ask what type of pain killers they suggest?

Once a month is enough for me and I don't even want to imagine what 3 months worth is like, I don't think you're whining at all and I can understand why you want it to stop.

Backrub? Hmm.. *stretches* my arms ain't long enough sorry. :(

:hug:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2007
  3. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

I've actually read that (how to put this delicately) "showing yourself a good time" :eek:hmy: is great for cramps...:unsure:

4. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

You might have to put it a bit more bluntly, as I'm pretty stupid right now... Unless of course it's of a sexual nature, in which case don't - That stuff pretty much revolts me 99% of the time due to the whole past thing.

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

In the US we have Midol for cramps. Also tylenol arthritis can work wonders. There is a heat patch that is not like a water bottle but a large bandage that provides heat where you place it. Beyond that, have you tried asking your health care provider?

6. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

:hug: Sorry sweetie. :unsure:

7. Darkness N Light

Darkness N Light Staff Alumni

Sammie,
    Actually I have been where you are. I have bled for that long before. The doctor actually had to go in and do a D&C to help me quit cramping and to clean me out. How about asking your doctor about a possible D&C. I can talk to you if you want me too and I will not think you bitchy at all since I have been there. Take care and I love you. :hug: :cheekkiss :hug: :cheekkiss :hug: :cheekkiss :hug: :cheekkiss

With Love,
    Crystal :hug: :cheekkiss

8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

That is true Crystal. Many times exessive bleeding like that does suggest that a D & C should be done. It is not an uncommon procedure. Many things to ask about Sammie. :)

Take yur notbook along and have everything written out so you know what you want to ask. :hug:

9. pisces-music-girl

pisces-music-girl Well-Known Member

Oh, poor you. :sad: Once a month for a week is torture enough...

Yeah, I'd talk to the doctor- and I also find that lying down does wonders on cramps.

As for the whole PMS-factor... just write everything out. All the anger, irritation, insanity: writing helps. A lot. :smile:

((And Midol/Pamprin also works wonders on the PMS deal, since it also helps block irritation. :biggrin:))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.