Why is this happening to me?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by LostInMyDaydreams, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

My mother never paid much attention to me, never really supported me when I was depressed. I wonder why, like why won't she care? Why won't she ever try to really reach out to me and ask me why I'm so upset all the time. Anytime I explain to her why I'm upset, she always seems to make it seem like I'm making a deal out of nothing. She pays attention to my older brother and younger brother but I always get the short end of the stick. Never realizes anything that I do, instead she just brings up my past and tells me I made some poor decisions in the past. I've never had a good judge of character cause I'm way too trusting and I'm still dealing with past hurts from the past. I'm still stuck, and have progressed much at all. It's like I'm all alone, feeling left behind and forgotten about..... why does she treat me like this? All I ever wanted was her love and for her to understand me but I feel like she knows nothing about me at all and it depresses me a great deal. Please someone talk to me and try to help me figure out why she does this to me... cause I'm so lost and confused right now.... :concern:

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

That sounds a lot like my mom...people don't really understand depression or suicidal feelings unless they've experienced them. In fact a lot of people still don't take me seriously when I say I am going to kill myself. I'm sorry people just disregard your feelings so easily, no one should ever be made to feel that way.

3. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Sadly some mothers and fathers can't bond with their children. Sometimes it's just one child that loses out. It's not about the child though we sometimes never lose the feeling it is our fault or something we've done. It's about the parent not us.

4. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

she probably doesn't know how to react...and hides her head in the sand everytime something hard happens...my dad was like that...always twisting what I said into not a big deal when it was to me...the sad part is that I had to cut him out of my life because he was making me worse and hurting me...he never cared for me, I raised myself up and had to take care of his sorry ass...

you sound like a great person who cares...tell your mom that yes you made mistakes because guess what? WE ARE ALL IMPERFECT...we are bound to make mistakes even when we try hard not to...that's what life is about...and maybe she should look into her own past before putting you down...or let her know how worse she is making it....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.