Why is this happening?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by georgeo10yal, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgeo10yal

georgeo10yal Well-Known Member

Alright, it's been quite a while since I've posted on here, but my life is about to come crumbling down on me if what might happen, happens.

My parents are still in the divorce process (it's been two years) and my Mom had a lawsuit brought against my Dad yesterday because 'she has no internet and isn't able to find a job, and unable to pay bills'. What she actually means is that she wants more money. My Dad is trying to keep a business afloat and he can barely afford to pay our bills, let alone the bare necessities for my Mom's house. He was originally court ordered to pay for most of her bills, but he can't afford it.

My Dad went to court today and he has to go back to court on Monday for contempt. He has court in January and February if he doesn't go to jail on Monday.

I can't live with my Mom, I fucking can't. I have no idea what to do and if he goes to jail she'll try to make me go live with her and if I'm forced to live with her I'll be dead within a month. That's not even an exaggeration, there would be so much hostility and stress on me that I would have to kill myself to escape it.

I need help. I don't know what to do. The chance of my Dad going to jail is very likely and I just can't...
  2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

It's a shame that adults have to create situations that end up hurting their responsibilities and their kids. NOTHING is more important that your kids, regardless of differences between husband and wife. Your dad should consider give up on the business he is trying to keep afloat and possibly pick up a job, or add a second job beyond the business. What is the reason for the contempt?

Oh, and by the way... sorry it's rough on you. Hang in there.
  3. georgeo10yal

He's been looking for another job for quite a while now. He hasn't had any luck. He's in contempt because he wasn't paying all of her bills, even though he had legitimate proof that he couldn't afford it.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

If he cannot afford it his lawyer will prove that and he will not have to go to jail hun. I am sorry all this stress is on you . hugs
  5. georgeo10yal

That's what I'm hoping for. Thanks...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.