Why is this my solution?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Fayt, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fayt

Fayt Member

All that I can feel is emotional pain and numbness. What do I do to feel better? I cut myself. It's the only thing that makes me feel alright right now. My mind is clouded by suicidal thoughts and when I cut myself it clears up for a short time. It's like...everything is numb until I cut myself, then I feel like things will be okay for a short time. All I can think about is suicide, so I cut myself to get clarity. Why is this the only thing that makes me feel "normal"? I don't understand. Things didn't used to be like this, I never used to self-harm and now I can't stop. All I want is for the pain and the numbness to go away, but it feels like only suicide would cure that. This really doesn't make sense to me, how is it that hurting myself is the only thing that lessens the constant pain? I'd really like to understand this strange situation.

2. danni

danni Chat Buddy

I know what you mean I use to do the same thing. but it's not good for you. is there something that can help you clear your mind that is not self harm? when I get upset I write it down on my journal and after I get done I feel so much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.