Why is this so hard

Discussion in 'Domestic Abuse' started by Metanoia, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Metanoia

Metanoia Member

Tonight I said I was going to finally end the abusive relationship. It’s almost midnight and I still haven’t done it. I was going to do it through text because I am afraid. For some reason I can’t bring myself to do it. I feel ready but it’s so so hard. I don’t want to be in this position. I still have so much love for him. I guess I’m just posting here for support. Not feeling good at all.
  2. Dawn

Dawn Forum Pro

I understand. I have been there and it is confusing. But u do deserve sooo much better. Once u get away and have some time, u will look back and wonder why u ever took that shit from anybody and wanted them in your life. But until then, I know it is very hard to stay away and u do have to be ready. The sooner the better, becomes it only gets worse. U are in love with who u wish he is, not who he really is. Look at the truth and facts not feelings.

Later on it is so hard to forgive yourself for staying so long. U can do this! Calling the hotline can help with encouragement. Also, reading articles so u are able to see more what is really going on helps too. Counseling helps a lot because they can help u to see clearly and get healthy self esteem so u never take abuse from anyone ever again.
    DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Seeing is Believing Forum Pro SF Supporter

It is harder to face changes in your life when he is gone. I get it.

Let him go. You need to love yourself first.

Take Care