why is this so hard?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by stillthedarknesscalls, May 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anyone care to share any theories on why depression seems almost addictive and why so many of us slip back again?

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Depression is a syndrome and has so many causal and exaserbating factors...were it a more localized disorder (e.g. diabetes) it would be far less difficult to treat...fortunately, there are new classes of medications and more refined talk therapy being introduced...just my two cents, and hope you are OK...J

3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

for those that have had depression for extensive periods, it becomes their reality. You get used to it and comfortable, in a way. for me, happiness has started to become a fear. because if ur sitting on the 'rock bottom' you can't get any lower. but if you're happy, you CAN get lower.

i guess its a kind of emotional stability. I'd rather stay depressed, then happy and all over the place.

4. Warrioress

Warrioress Active Member

I think it's like getting used to darkness and being afraid of the light despite knowing that light is good and darkness is bad.

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree with longroad.. When you have delt with depression for so many years it becomes a way of life.. It's your norm and to feel happy just drains you..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.