Why isnt anything affective?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Shock, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

I have been living with depression for the last 7 years of my life - that is almost day in day out.

During that time I have of course sought treatment and have taken all kinds of anti-depressants to absolutely no affect.

But the depression still remains. I am really tired of this. Is there any hope?
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Treating depression both through medication and talk therapy is very complicated and does require a lot of work...do not give up...many ppl have had to try several medications before one works effectively and have had several therapists before there was a rightness of fit with the person...keep trying...best of luck, J
  3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

You may be misdiagnosed. Bipolar disorder and depression can look very similar if up phases are ignored or not noticed. Trying to treat bipolar disorder the way you'd treat depression leads to misery.

Have you ever felt "OMG I'm cured" only to realise a few months later that, in fact, you were never cured? I'm not sure if that's common but that was my experience with hypomanias while believing myself to be depressed.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2010
  4. History

History Well-Known Member

u havent found the right drug. i was treated for years as a depressive until i had a manic episode in my previous depression and my doc told me that i am a bipolar. from then on, the meds worked as they were prescribed correctly. imagine 6 episodes of major depression and only the 7th one, i went manic.
  5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

keep trying ok..change therapists, change meds.
    a big thing is changing the way we think, the way we react to situations and with a good therapist they can teach you these coping skills as well..
  6. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

I know your feeling all too well also Shock, keep thinking the same thing, doesn't it ever end?:lone: So many years of doctors/therapists, this drug, that drug, this program, ahhhhhhh, I've just had it, just get the feeling I'm incurable, nothing seems to work either, what a pathetic loser I am:yawn:... really hope you're doing better, are you?:biggrin:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.