why isn't suicide an option?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by wants2die, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wants2die

wants2die Well-Known Member

I mean we are all going to die anyway so why do people stop me from killing my self? more importantly why do people care if I killed myslef its not like my life is life changing I work in a supermarket for god sakes it doesn't mean my life matters in fact my life doesn't matter I have no reason to live I know people here are going to tell me that life is worth it and blah blah blah but i really don't see a reason to live give me one good reason to live that doesn't involve the fact that it might get better.
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Because even though your life feels like it has no worth, someday someway you will make a difference in someone elses life. You might take a second to talk to a complete stranger and you never know..... maybe they were on they're last seconds of hope, but just you taking a few seconds could give them all the reason to want to stay and give them a sense of worth. Nobody ever knows what is going on the minds of others. You must have atleast an acquaintance or two. How do you know for certain that you arent making a difference in their lives some how. No matter how you feel from the second you took that first breath, you affected someone else. So try finding the strength you need to get past this low spot in your life and see if you cant help someone else too. Rack the negative things up in your life as experience and use it to help someone from here through the same problems and pains. Might just be the pick me up you need to change your life around too. Nope not saying it gets better, might, might not ever but you have to atleast give it a good try. Keep trying hun that's all anyone and least of all yourself can expect of you. Then when it is your time to die you can go knowing you did your best.
  3. shakeandbake

shakeandbake Member

Find something worth dying for, and living for it. I know it gets bad trust me i've been there. My father left his beautiful wife and 4 children. I now work as a garbage man to help support my mother and my brother and sister. I do it all for them. There are times where I just want to end it all but that would be selfish of me. We're all here for a reason and we go on our entire lives looking for the answer.
  4. flowerpot

flowerpot Well-Known Member

5. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi.....hun, what you DO is not important. it is who you ARE inside your heart and soul, that matters.

and i think grocery store people are great people! (well. i worked there 4 years!) yeah. we are all just human beings. there are no greater, and no lesser. we are all equal - please try to see that.

i care about you - because you are a light and a heart and a hope . and i think you are very valuable to the world. . . :hug:
  6. ConsolationPrizeFighter

ConsolationPrizeFighter Well-Known Member

My take on this shit(i apologize if its inappropriate)
    because the theoretical hellhole called the mind still functions for 18 seconds after death. At such a point, according to quantum physics, it loses the perception of time. because it is not bounded by physical existence or time, your mind continues for an eternity in 18 seconds. thats your heaven and you gotta face whatever put you there anyways or it'll be a real shitty eternity.
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

It is an option. Just the worst option there is. You wont be happy when your dead,you'll be happy alive if you make it happen. Also,people stop you from killing yourself because they care about you.
  8. Vanq

Vanq Active Member

Whoever told you that that's what quantum physics says either doesn't understand quantum physics or was deliberately lying to you about it in order to con you into joining their cult. Probably both. In any case, this notion of the mind functioning for an eternity is pure quantum mysticism (i.e. pseudo-science).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.