Why? Just why?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Petal, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Why do people dislike me? Why do people feel like I need to prove myself to them? I have bent over backwards for people who never and never will give a crap about me. Why do people pretend to care? Why do people blatantly not care? Why do people show such disrespect for other people? Why do people make them feel I am the scum of the earth and would be better off 6 feet under? Why do people who you think you are close to talk very nicely to you then talk crap behind you back? Why do believe show favouritism towards one but not other even when they are ''supposed'' to be equal to you. Why do people blatantly lie to you, if you call them out on it, they will continue the lie even when you know otherwise? I don't think I have ever understood why people dislike me, maybe it's because of my anxiety which in turns makes me shy and quiet and people don't want to be associated with that type person. Maybe it's a lot of things but one thing I do know is, is that I am very caring and a kind person but that doesn't really get you far on it's own. But no one will take that from me. I am not good in social situations, socially awkward to put it mildly and while I have come far compared to what I used to be, I don't think me and being sociable will ever happen. I'm sure I will feel somewhat better tomorrow as these days usually pass but those questions do always stay in the back of my mind.
    One thing is certain. You cannot control other's actions.

So many questions, so little answers.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
  2. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I don't have the right words (I don't think)

But what I do know - is you selflessly put the needs of others above your own so often - it's not surprising that you feel the burden :hug: You deserve kind words and hugs from everyone who does actually give a damn.
  3. Invisible Child

Invisible Child Antiquities Friend

Hi hun,
    While I do not have the answers to a lot of these questions I do know that I care about you and you never have to prove anything to me. So many times you have been here for me even when I do my damn-est to push you away. I push not because I dislike you, but because in my mind I feel as if I need to protect you from some of the things that I need to say or talk about. I have a lot of respect for you for the person that I see shining through my computer screen. Have I been upset with you at one point? Yes, however I know you had reasoning behind it and I respect that. I didn't stay mad long, I never do. Why? Because you are a very special person in my short little life. I now claim you as my little sister and am proud to say so.

I like you will never understand people and I'm not sure that I even want to try at this point. Please know that I will always be here (for as long as I can) to listen, support, and care with all that I have.

Gentle :hug:
  4. Petal

Thank you both :hug:

Clara, no, you have never upset me, I am always willing to help you..I know you're a great person in a great deal of pain. Of everything I wrote in my post,not once did I think of you hun! I am proud you consider me as you little sister :) :hug: I hope you are doing better the past few days, and if not you know where to find me. You are a special person! And...thank you, it means a lot! :hug:
  5. meaningless-vessel

No need to thank me for just being here :hug: I just does what I does - and if we gets smiles - we knows we done something extremely right :laugh:
  6. Petal

:hug: Gary, yes you are a great at making me laugh and have a great sense of humour :) xxx
  7. meaningless-vessel

:hug: I'm sure my humour isn't GSOH material :hiding:
  8. Sparrow91

Sparrow91 Well-Known Member

Those questions often go through my mind too, people can be hurtful. As to why I will never know..

Petal you are a wonderful and caring person! I always see you helping others and helping me within the forums it's admirable. You deserve hugs and happiness and lots of love from all of us . *hugs*