Why keep going?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by dnE ehT, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dnE ehT

dnE ehT Well-Known Member

I've lived with severe anxiety and mild insomnia all my life.
    I also have worsening OCD (the kind where it's all in your head), and I've had recurruing instances of major depression since I was 12.

I've tried a number of meds for all things, years of therapy and psychiatry, and just about everything I can think of.

The only relief I seem to have is temporary. It always comes back and makes life almost untolerable.

I feel like a defective person, and that I have no hope of having a life worth living.

I've been asking myself for a while now why I keep going, but not even I know the answer. I don't feel that I can be helped because I've kept my flawed way of thinking my entire life and it's physically part of me at this point.

I seem unable to really let others know how severly fucked in the head I am. I appear normal to most people, but on the inside I feel like I don't belong here. Like I'm some how broken beyond repair.

The worst thing is, I have no reason to feel this way. I must have been born with alot of mental problems.

I'm only 16, but I feel like I've lived forever and just want to take the exit route. I can't stand living like this.

Even when I'm not depressed I want to die. Even though most people would rather have a happy life, I just want to die.

I need to know, are there some people that just can't be fixed?
  2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

In a nutshell I would say no, everyone can be healed and live a happy life.
    I wrote you a PM so please look for my message there..

3. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Because there's always the potential for change?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.