Why Live?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Red4Delta, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red4Delta

Red4Delta New Member

i'm at this point where i dont know wat to do i joined the army to go to war possibly die faster and for somethin and i ended up gettin overwhelmed and stabbing myself in the neck before i even went now i feel even worse off than i did as a civilian i have a 4 inch scar on my neck that everybody looks at i cant find a job i cant find anyone who seems to love and care im at a loss. do i go for attempt 3 or continue living in my dull existence
  2. Gunner12

Gunner12 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.

Continue living, and try to make your life more interesting then it already is. There are always more things to do and more places to see.

Do you have a hobby?
  3. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

The answer to your question has to come from you. I know similar feelings, having made numerous attempts over the past three years. It was an incredibly hard journey from there to here. Here is far from utopia, but I have felt less suicidal the last couple of months. Sometimes I could set a goal of staying alive for something that was going to happen in a month. Most of the time, it's just one day at a time, telling myself that I can do it, that I don't really want to die, that I want to hang around for my wife and two kids. Some days, the self-talk helps, some days it's a waste of mental energy.

I wish I could say the exact words you need to hear. I'm not God and don't have his intuition. How about making the promise to yourself that you'll wait until tomorrow to do anything. Tomorrow, you might be able to push it to two days of waiting.

A psychiatrist, a psychologist, therapists and doctors had their work cut out for them when I showed up. With their help, with God's help, with the help of two support groups, I've made small steps forward. Looking back, I can see how far I've come, and have a bit of pride for my hard work.
    Be encouraged by the supportive words you'll read here. Keep looking for hope and help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.