Why Loneliness Can Be Contagious

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Brighid Moon, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

2. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Well its official then, this site is hurting more than helping ;)

3. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

LOL Naw, but maybe we should all look at the energy going on around us as well. :wink:

4. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

If you wanna be happy, surround yourself with happy people. If you crave success, hang out with successful people. If you wanna be mad, hang out with lunatics. This is what life coaches have been telling us for years, and loneliness would seem no different. It's one of the reasons a lot of people advise against hookups amongst suicidal and depressed people, although sometimes something new is born out of a relationship like that which is positive for everyone involved. It doesnt surprise me that loneliness is contagious. Everything from peoples tastes in clothes and music, through to political beliefs is constructed as a member of a social group, be it a family, a circle of friends, workmates, society at large. Ultimately, we're all products of what other people do and say. Nobody is an island. Our moods effect everyone.

5. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I tried surrounding myself with happy people, and they just make me miserable.

6. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

i tries also surrounding myself with happy scusseful people...they just so make me so misrable & lots of pain :'(

7. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Werther's life may have been tragic, but I sure do enjoy Werther's Original Caramels.

:cake:

8. GabrielConroy

GabrielConroy Well-Known Member

:goodone:

was one of my favorite books as an angsty teenager

good thing im all grown up now :wink:

and also wouldnt surprise me if this place hurt more than helped really think a lot of people here get caught up in positively reinforcing negative emotions and self pity

getting a bunch of depressed people together isnt a formula for happiness

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.