Why me?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by User Name 22222, Jun 22, 2008.

1. User Name 22222

User Name 22222 New Member

I'm an immigrant living in Sweden. I suffer a lot of it, people looking at me as a potential criminal. People changing sides of the roads so they wont get mugged. When I was in first grade I finished my math book the same day I got it. I read a lot of books and I was smart. But they claimed I had ADHD and made me start grade one again. And the teachers called me a "blackie".
    I'm not black and I have green eyes and would be white in most parts of Europe and America. But this was my childhoods northern Sweden. You had to be pale and blond and blue eyed or else you where a "black person".
    I was bullied all of my childhood and then I dropped out of School. It has been 3 years now, I have been in my room all these years.

I'm attractive and get a lot of smiles from ladies. But I never been on a date and I'm a virgin. I still live at home and I have no friends.

Am I suicidal? Not really, I guess it's cause I dropped out of school. And, oh I'm 20 uneducated and never had a job, so I wont get one ever either...

Why does it have to be me?
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry you had such a bad experience in school. Is there a chance you could study online to increase your chances of finding work? If the area you are living in is causing the problem, is there a chance of moving elsewhere? The longer you isolate yourself, the harder it will become to get out and back into the social world. Take cahrge of your life and don't let others rule it. I wish you the best of luck. Please take care. :hug:
  3. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

I don't know why it has to be you...I don't know. :hug: I'd probably be perplexed as you if I was in your position.

The reactions you got from your teachers and your school aren't your fault, -they have understandably hurt you. I haven't gone through what you have but that sounds so detrimental for any child or young person to experience from teachers, - which shows how deep the social problems are in Sweden that you highlight in your post.

The reactions you got from people in the street are also not your fault. They act that way because of fear. I'm sure lots of people would want to be with you...and I'm so glad those people (like your teachers) haven't made you feel unattractive. Feeling lonely and isolated can be horrible.

I am really quite horrified to hear you've dropped out of school and you're isolated because of all this.

I was wondering what you'd like to do? Would you like to go on a course, or get work? Are there any youth training schemes where this could be a possibility?

I was wondering also if there were any independent organisations for counselling that might be available, here in the UK we do have ethnic minority counselling where counsellors aren't afraid to tackle issues like racism and discrimination and offer you ways of standing your ground in the workplace and practical help and emotional support when it comes to your rights.
  4. Lady Byron

Lady Byron Well-Known Member

maybe the better question is why are people so cruel? you did nothing wrong even if people make you feel as if you did. i think people with green eyes are gorgeous. i feel the same way being mixed. i call myself a mutt but no one knows how bad it feels to have neither race you supposedly belong to accept you. i'm too "white" to my latin family and too "latin" for my white family even though i'm not dark skinned at all (more "olive" but still kinda pale) and my hair is really dark and has natural red in it. oh, and my eyes are kinda green but mostly hazel. so i've got skinheads and other neo-nazi people saying i'm an abomination (we actually have some in our town who gave my brother a stare so deadly i thought he would drop dead if we were in that minimart for any longer) and then the rest of the world saying i can't be a mixed race (i.e. the application i filled out to get a job). my grandmother's family came from italy and my grandpa's came from spain and then the others came from Oklahoma and are "white" (just a little fyi). so i know how you feel not fitting in with other's around you.