Why nobody takes me seriously ?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Kassy, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kassy

Kassy Well-Known Member

I wish to scream, to cry, to yell, but I am paralysed inside.

Yes, I want hurt myself and to die, but nobody takes me seriously, not even my shrink who has been promising a bed in the mental hospital for 4 days now.

So I took a needle and sow my hand with red thread, then, if I need to go to the hospital, someone will eventually think I might be crazy enough to kill myself.

The only reason it is not done yet it is because of my wonderful students who love me so much and I love them so much....like being a second mother for them.

Other than that, my life sucks miserably.
  2. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Well they may not take you seriously but I god damn surely do,I know it may not mean much but I really care just by reading your story.You can talk to me about anything and I'm more than glad to try and help and be there for you.
  3. ZasuArt

ZasuArt Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Kassy... I actually typed up a response to this yesterday afternoon, but I must have forgotten to hit "submit reply" (darnit!). I also take you seriously, and I hope you hang on for that bed to open up. Until then, I hope you'll do what you need to do to keep yourself safe. Please count me among your SF friends, and message me anytime. Sending love and hugs... :console:
  4. tudor_77

tudor_77 Member

Hi Kassy,

I can certainly relate to how you feel as a former self harmer myself, sounds like you are trying to get help but people aren't listening (something else I can relate to sadly). What I've learned over the years is that not all psychiatric health professionals are created equally and although it often takes time and patience to find a really good one, you will find that getting the right help from the right person is worth waiting for.

Sounds like you have a great relationship with your students and they are very lucky to have someone like you in their lives. Please don't give up on trying to get help and I hope they find a bed for you soon.

Take care :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.