Why not die now?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by honeyy, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. honeyy

honeyy Member

Why not die now when you want to die, instead of living the rest of your life and then suddenly die when you don't want to?

2. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

because of all the nice things that could happen in between =)

3. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

Because it hurts other people
    Because life is amazing
    Because you weren't born so you would kill yourself
    Because life usually gets better
    Because people need you
    Because suicide will make a lot of people's lives worse
    Because you don't know if there is anything worse on the other side
    Because you don't know there won't be a better life for you right around the corner
    Because suicide is the wrong choice

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2010
  4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

agree tobes...

5. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

because wanting to die is temporary, being dead is not, you don't KNOW that you are always going to feel this way, if your dead you will never get to find out.

6. Multiple Man

Multiple Man Well-Known Member

Suicide should be an absolute last resort. It wont say it shouldnt be an option but I feel like if a person is going to make that decision, especially at a young age, you should exhaust every option in life to deal with your situation whatever it may be.

That is EXACTLY the place you want to be in life. Living the rest of your life not wanting to die. Its a profound decision that indeeds hurts others. But if your in overwhelming pain then there is nothing you can do or say that can get people to understand. Its a double edge sword trying to endure suffering to avoid hurting people close to you. If they could feel what I felt for one day they would probably realize they would want to die as well.

Life can be so many things. But for some it can be pure hell. I dont think my life is precious at all. I live in hell. But I understand that its worth something to at least stick around and see what happens. If your religious then you have alot to supposedly deter you from suicide. If your not then I think suicide is your right, your choice and your decision. Not anyone elses. But ONLY when youve done everything you could possibly do within your power in your life so fight your condition or your situation. If you cant say you have then you should never even consider it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.