why not drink

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by JJRiggers, Jul 17, 2016.

1. JJRiggers

JJRiggers Member

It dulls the pain and helps the time pass quicker.
    Like so so quickly. It helps the days go by, I don't understand why I just can't get drunk all the time and sit away from everyone and just watch the world end around me. Is that such a hard thing to ask, yano?
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Well, drink affects everyone differently, as for me I cannot drink, it makes me violent and I don't like that and get ashamed of things I have said or done when drunk. It might dull the pain but that is only a temporary relief. Alcohol is not going to cure depression, medicine and therapy is a better bet. I hope you realise it is not the solution. As you know alcohol itself is a depressant, have one or 2 but don't go crazy on it! Hugs :)
  3. mentalhealthnurse

mentalhealthnurse Well-Known Member

Alcohol isn't the answer, I agree it is the "right now" answer but it will muddy your recovery. Just remember every time you overcome that urge your a step closer to winning. Turn away from that option. Go for a walk and breath in the air, get drunk on its freshness and clear your head. I'm new to the forum but already I feel less alone. Keep talking to us.
    Petal likes this.