why not drink

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by JJRiggers, Jul 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJRiggers

JJRiggers Member

It dulls the pain and helps the time pass quicker.
    Like so so quickly. It helps the days go by, I don't understand why I just can't get drunk all the time and sit away from everyone and just watch the world end around me. Is that such a hard thing to ask, yano?

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Well, drink affects everyone differently, as for me I cannot drink, it makes me violent and I don't like that and get ashamed of things I have said or done when drunk. It might dull the pain but that is only a temporary relief. Alcohol is not going to cure depression, medicine and therapy is a better bet. I hope you realise it is not the solution. As you know alcohol itself is a depressant, have one or 2 but don't go crazy on it! Hugs :)

3. mentalhealthnurse

mentalhealthnurse Well-Known Member

Alcohol isn't the answer, I agree it is the "right now" answer but it will muddy your recovery. Just remember every time you overcome that urge your a step closer to winning. Turn away from that option. Go for a walk and breath in the air, get drunk on its freshness and clear your head. I'm new to the forum but already I feel less alone. Keep talking to us.

Petal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.