Why not give up?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mahalo, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mahalo

mahalo New Member

Why can't I give up? It's not like I want to die. But then in a way I do. I remember being at the hospital on a failed attempt and my mother had said "just start all over and do whatever you feel that you've done wrong, do it right." What a load of shit. You can't start all over. No matter what, my problems are still going to be here. Then when I get home my God-fearing mother says "The world is going to end soon". Then why the heck can't I get a head start? Living like this is hell. Faking a smile every freaking day is hell. Having someone ask if I took my meds or if I seen my psychriatist lately is hell. And then when I do want to talk about ANYTHING just to take my mind of off things briefly. No one is there. To be in a place where you can't feel anything, I'll be nothing... sounds peaceful. I just want to go already.

2. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hi there .. welcome 2 sf .. x

i kno what its like 2 wake up wishing u werent here .. its a horrible horrible feeling .. its really positive though that u have sought help from meds and therapy .. how long have u been doing these? sorry ur mum isnt being that supportive .. its really hard 4 ppl 2 understand why we are like we are sometimes .. i dont even know why i am the way i am sometimes! but every1 on this site is here 4 each other .. so im glad u found the site..
    im sorry i dont really have any advice .. but u can pm me any time u like :hug:

3. ODIECOM

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

yes, your problems are still there. so are mine after my 3rd attempt.
    we are all gunna die at some point or another, its just a matter of when.
    as tired of fighting as i was about a month ago, i decided that i would stand up and giver another go.

why ? i dont know yet, i cant answer that honestly. i do know that there are things that i want and want to do. maybe i will never get to do all the things i want to. but im willing to give it a shot.

there are alot of things in this world to enjoy. sometimes we just have to look outside the wall that we built around us.
    im not surrounded by friends, i dont have that many. my parents i havnt talked to in years and one of them died 4 years ago anyway.

it doest mean the end of the world. im and so can you simply live one day at a time and look forward to future things that you can choose to plan or make goals for.

odiecom

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It won't be peacful it will be nothing you will be a corpse in a ground with loved ones standing over you in the same dam pain you are in Live one day at a time if not l hour at a time but live it and find something that can make it easier. Look at a child playing an animal in nature enjoy the sun a walk just get out of your head somehow and see through another set of eyes. I know i am in pain too so i know the want the desire to stop this dam pain and we have to somehow find a way to do it without killing ourselves without causing others the same dam pain we have. I hope you have this strength because it will be hard but you and you family deserve to be happy.

5. triggs

triggs Account Closed

:hug: here for you xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.