Why not?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ekul, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ekul

Ekul New Member

I've always thought about suicide, it has been a daily thing in my life for a few years now. Then, it was for different reasons, now I just feel like I've dragged life out as much as I can. I enjoy life to a reasonable extent, and I look forward to the future. But. There's always the but - I know that things won't work the way I want them to. The future would be better without me, everyone, my friends and family, would be better of if I weren't there. I can visualise their futures, and I simply don't fit in. I can't change that, and I don't think I want to. My siblings are the only reason I haven't killed myself yet. But everyone experiences grief, every teenager has a friend who died and I think I am that one. Death is the only realistic option.
  2. fallingangie

fallingangie Well-Known Member

Not really. Its all in your mind.. its all about how you see things.. the kind of perspectives you hold. When you have nothing left to loose, you have got everything to win. Change your life, make it better.. build a future. Keep fighting every obstacle that comes your way.
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

You say you have enjoyed life...I think it is very difficult to do that...and when someone can, s/he can find more things that s/he likes...having an exit on the radar allows one to have a safety plan...if it becomes to tough, I can always____; maybe it would be worth finding a safety plan about living and enjoying more...you deserve a good life and ppl would be very hurt were you not here...please continue to tell us what is going on...big hugs, J
  4. Aphorism

Aphorism Well-Known Member

Death is clearly not the only realistic option. If there is happiness that you can feel, hold onto that. When people lose others, it's no walk in the park--and your friends and family will mourn. Why? Because they care about you! They envisioned a future WITH you there. And in a few years, you won't necessarily be dependent on the same people if you don't want to.

Just rethink things a little...there are many choices for you.
  5. flowingriver

flowingriver Well-Known Member

Everybody has a mission in life, so do you. If you leave, lots of people will miss out on YOU, and what you had to give.*hugs*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.