why not?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by daddyo, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daddyo

daddyo New Member

As in why havent I committed suicide(or you). For me it is my wee daughter. I haven't quite felt so selfish as to put her through losing her dad. It's been close today. Close, but I'm still here.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...so glad you are here with us..if you feel comfortable either in a post or PM me, please share what has gotten you to this point...this way you will know you are not alone...and thank goodness for your daughter...truly a wonderful reason to be here...please be safe and welcome again, J

3. daddyo

daddyo New Member

What got me to this point? Started 3yrs ago with a carcrash... head injuries. Lost my partner soon after. Then a steady spiral down into isolation. It's got to the point where i don't leave the house. Well, I'll have to leave it tomorrow because I'm being evicted. I could be packing, could be trying to find somewhere to store the important possessions. But, tbh, i do nothing.

4. daddyo

daddyo New Member

17 hrs 35 minutes to eviction. fcuk it all.

5. Lost?

Lost? Well-Known Member

I'm afraid that I'll fail. I've thought extensively about attempting to drink myself to death or ODing on OTC meds, but I'm worried that instead of ending up dead, I'll end up in the mental ward of some hospital and never have any freedom or privacy and thus no opportunity to try again.

6. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Sending :hug: to both of you. :(

I wish I knew what I could say or do that would help or comfort you at all. If you all want to talk to me, I promise to listen (I'm rarely PMed, and I check very often). :hugtackles:

Sincerely,

Alex

7. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Just checking in to see what is going on and to remind you we care...J

8. Well I tried, came close to dying, but in the end I failed (well more like machines kept me going). I havent done it again because I have two beautiful little girls who rely on me everyday.

9. daddyo

daddyo New Member

hiya lost... i reckon your fear of failing has it's silver lining. it gives you the freedom to opportunity to try again that you mention.

special... it's the kids for you too huh? i guess that you,like me, would like another more self-oriented reasonto be here. but being here for others sake will do for this moment.

and maybe both mralex and sadeyes share that too. being here for others, us.

i'm gonna go pack up my weeun's things for her. atm i can't imagine staying, but i can't imagine leaving her either. maybe my hopelessness will get me through another day. ffs... is saying my hopelessness is my only hope too... well, hopeless?

i have found this site so very sad. i never realised just how many folk were feeling so desperate. having read through some of your stories i find myself hoping you stay here one more day.

10. jtts

jtts New Member

Same here. I was going to try last weekend, but didn't. But it's back, and I feel like doing the above but for the same reasons I'm wary. Tomorrow is going to be a key day for me, if it's not a good one I'm afraid I will be doing something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.