Why Now?!

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Silver Burden, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silver Burden

Silver Burden Member

I have started cutting.
    I am no stranger to it. I have done it on and off for six years. I haven't done it in eight months. I thought I was past this. I thought I could make a new life.
    I just cut deeper then I have ever cut before.
    I want this all to stop. How do I stop?
    I don't know how to move past the numbness.
    How do I become human?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You are human someone that is in pain and sadness how did you stop before use those skills you used before to stop ok
    keep talking here let go of the pain that way instead of harming yourself talk to someone
  3. Aether

Aether Slave of the SDS

Hi Silver. I'm sorry to hear you restarted self-harming. I know how hard it is to stop (I've been trying to do it for years) and I know how it sometimes feels like it is the "right" thing to do - it's not. We'll never feel better after we do it. It only makes it worse.
    I think talking to someone when you want to self-harm can help. You can always PM me.
    You're not alone, Silver.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi silver did you receive medical attention for your cut? 8 months is amazing I am glad you were able to post here for support. Sorry that you felt the need to cut, you managed 8 months without cutting so at least you know you can do it.
  5. Silver Burden

Silver Burden Member

Hi Petal,
    I patched it up myself. Thank you for the support!
  6. Silver Burden

Silver Burden Member

Thank you so much for your support. It means a great deal. I was so ashamed at work but it helped at the time. Even though its not a long term answer. I find it hard to trouble people others with talking about me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.