Why other people wants to live?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Chalcie, Feb 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chalcie

Chalcie Member

I just saw a video of a blind man trying to earn a living for 3 decades!
    I mean, why can't he just decide to die? It is a hell he is living in..

Enlighten me... I am curious why such people in other forms of suffering still want to live?

2. redgirl

redgirl SF Supporter

I can't speak for everyone, as there are all kinds of suffering in the world and we can't relate to every single person, but for me, I don't like to let my suffering define me as a person. I don't let it dictate how my life goes. In the example of the blind man, I'm sure his blindness is a great struggle, but it's not the only thing about him. He sounds very determined, confident in his abilities, ready to take on whatever is offered to him. These are valuable traits that we all have within us, that are worth fighting for and continuing to live for. The world may throw bad things our way, maybe more often than not, but what's important to me is how we handle it. We can let it pile up on top of us, or we can dodge it, and focus on the more beautiful parts of ourselves, society, and life in general.

Hope is a very wonderful thing, that lies deep in all of our hearts. We all have the desire to live, because we have hope that it will get better one day. Hold on to that hope, and you can achieve anything.

Chalcie, Freya, sahel and 1 other person like this.
  3. Chalcie

Chalcie Member

You are right. He may be physically blind yet he has this strong determination that a perfectly fine person does not have.
    I am reflecting on it... Thank you for responding. I may be physically well yet I am emotionally impaired.
    I get easily blocked by hardships. I know it is not the right attitude. Yet I don't know where to start..how to start to be strong.

4. afterlifepig

afterlifepig Well-Known Member

life is so short anyway, might as well live it. i would kill myself except for two things: unfinished business (my bucket list is very important to me) and my parents. i will kill myself once my parents are gone though. not out of any negative emotions, i just think it would be a good time to end things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.