Why our animals cheer us up!

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by mollyzog, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mollyzog

mollyzog Member

My dog is always there for me she knows when im sad and she tries to comfort me. shes such a spaz and I love watching her play :)
  2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

I'd be totally lost without my cats (and my fish, and the birds, and the squirrels, and the foxes and the deer...)

Animals are amazing - they really make it all mean something don't they?
  3. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Molly, got any more funny stories? Or nice ones?
  4. mollyzog

mollyzog Member

well my dog always growls at me when shes sleeping and i go near her, shes such a grumpy dog but its cute =)
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

i'm drinking due to depression. My cat won't cuddle me with liquor on my breath. :(
  6. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Animals are saints, they listen, never talk back, give you a cuddle, most look like they are smiling all the time, dont think your a weirdo, will love you forever.

Im travelling so my parents are minding my kitties.

Funny story, I was feeling really down and depressed so went for a walk with my boyfriend to the park. I started crying so we sat on a bench and he gave me a hug. Outta nowhere this dog came running over, broke up our hug and started licking me all over, I could do nothing but laugh. His owner came running up and apologised that he had escaped his lead. Little did he know that his dog was the best thing that happened to me all day. It was a big huge dog and it jumped up on me with a big bear hug and kisses haha.
  7. Zaparc©

Zaparc© Active Member

I think NoGood pretty much hit the nail on the head. We all love our animals so much because they can't answer back, and tell you things you don't want to hear. It's like a living, breathing, teddy bear, or a favored toy.
  8. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

miss my dog so much
  9. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

My kitty is a princess. She likes to sit up on a big barstool to be admired.

What's also funny is that she likes to smell flowers. Always cheers me up when I look at the photo of her with her nose buried in a rose.
  10. Puppy

Puppy Well-Known Member

My dog, Millie, is the best.

When I'm upset, she'll come over to me and look at me. And if I don't react, she'll make a little noise.
    And when she's happy to see me, she'll smile (she half shuts her eyes as she smiles - it's so cute!)
    Another thing she does when she's really happy, is instead of wagging her tail from side to side, she'll wag it in circles (it looks like she's going to start flying ^-^)

When she gets giddy in the garden, she'll grab a clothes peg from the ground and start playing with it.

She's also very good at protecting me - when I saw a spider in the kitchen the other day, she got it for me. And whenever there's a fly in the house, all you need to say is "Millie, there's a fly!" and she'll chase it. When it lands on the wall too high for her to reach, she'll just sit and watch it until it starts flying again ^-^

Another thing she does, is when the phone starts ringing, and nobody hears it, or if it takes a while to get to the phone, she'll start howling (this is the ONLY time she ever howls)

And whenever there's fireworks of a night, she'll come upstairs into either my sister's room or my room and sleep on the floor next to our bed.

She also gets really giddy when you mention baths, having a brush, biscuits, milk, cups of tea, and breakfast :)

She only goes upstairs when both my parents are out (she's very cheeky!)

I can have long conversations with her (she doesn't talk back, but that doesn't stop me!). And if you sit on the floor, she'll sometimes come up to you and sit on your lap.

And when I stroke the back of her head when I'm sitting on the sofa, she'll rest her head on my leg and look down onto the floor (she loves being petted and cuddled) :)

She also like to smell flowers, like Clockwork Reality's cat ^-^
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2009
  11. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

My dog is my everything. His appearance and personality always cheers me up. His eyes... Puppy!! :'D

He's a little ball of white fluff, with giant black-brown eyes.
  12. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

They love you no matter what and always listen. they look at you with such understanding in their eyes.
  13. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

My dog who died in 2004 was my little brother. He was a numbskull, soiled the floor and stole food occasionally but he was a gentle and affectionate companion. We walked for miles together almost daily, I would stop to cry on him and hug him and he would look in my eyes and wag his tail.

The pain of mourning him is just unbearable!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.