Why people make such a big deal of ending your life?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by A World Of Pain, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My last psych which is somewhat smart, told me that the true reason why normal people tend to go bonkers and pretend they care about you when you say you want to die or are going to kill yourself is that they fear death, and this fear is so strong that is upsets them even when thinking about the death of others.

Alternatively, I realize many people buy into the bullshit of life being objectively a gift, when life is nor a gift nor a curse, although is more of a curse taking the ramifications and potentials of pain into consideration.

We are 7.356.475 people in this world, and acting like everyone should kept alive by all means is hypocritical. I know these words are tough, but I want to express myself freely.

I believe in the afterlife, by the way. More like, I KNOW there is an afterlife. Maybe this affects my attitude regarding death, euthanasia and suicide.

2. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

I don't know. I know that people probably mean well, but it seems like everyplace that I go on the internet, it seems like everyone is saying that if you're suicidal then you should get help by calling a hotline or going to the hospital. Well, I've been to the hospital and I've seen several doctors and they can't help me. It seems that I never see about the people who can't be helped. Maybe I'm a rare case. What am I supposed to do? Keep going back to the hospital when I know that it won't help. I've been there three times and all that they will do is put me on different medication and the meds just don't help me. I'm sorry, but suicide seems to be the only answer in my case. I'm just sorry that I'm not able to do it. I'm not brave enough and am afraid that something will go wrong. Some things are worse than death.

3. You are correct, death is not such a big deal compared with say torture or prolonged illness (something I know pretty well).

Meds and a stranger talking shit to you are weak answers to suicidality. This society is a farce.

I am not brave enough either and also I want to discover some wacky stuff, experience aliens and ghosts, go to exotic places, win fist fights, read more philosophy and what not. So I am not truly suicidal at the moment and have arguments in favour of staying alive. Its all about stuff that makes you want to stay alive. You probably have these too.

I know well that my life will always be miserable though, because I donĀ“t belong to this world.

It has always been miserable lol the asumption is fully logical.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2015
  4. Damask

Damask Well-Known Member

Your shrink is wrong.

I sometimes care for certain people's deaths, but not everyones. Some people I couldn't care less.

I think people who tell you to seek help really do genuinely care. Or they are someone who knows you and loves you very much and will be heartbroken when you are gone.

That's my take on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.