Why should a person not commit suicide?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Fallout, Sep 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fallout

Fallout New Member

I want to ask this simple question. Why should a person not comit scuicide?
    In the past the only reasson I could come to was family. Seeing my little brother smile or hugging my mother, but in the entirety of life we will all die. So what does it matter if we fell sad for lossing a loved one? Every thing we can ever truly know will vanish in the blink of an eye. Were all already dead so why not just end it know?

Another question for you! If we are all destined to die why should we spen dour lives in fear? It all ends so why be scared of people, heights, failing, or anyt ghing that truly hold us back. Why should we worry abotu any thing? It all goes away so why not let it go now!? We should all stop being afraid and get as much pleasure as we can before we die.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2007
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

In answer to your first point, it's the loss of someone that need not have been that makes it so hard for people to recover from.
    Yes we all lose people, they age, get ill, have accidents and with time we can (hopefully) grieve and move on; but when a life is cut short that shouldn't have been (murder, suicide) then the grieving is not a natural process, there is the constant whys, whatifs, self blame, anger etc. to contend with as well as the grief.:sad:
    My cousin committed suicide, my aunt never recovered.
  3. Blackness

Blackness Guest

many of us has this pessimestic view on life, but imagine if EVERYONE killed themselves. Then what would the world be? nothing.
    You cant think that life is pointless, as much as it looks it.
    We dont see the bright side of life much, but trust me it is out there and that's why people live, I live for the hope of something good...
  4. ...A world without humans, screwing things up left, right and center on the rest of the planet - gee imagine that. Pessimistic?!?!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
  5. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

cause that person wants to live?
  6. Mert

Mert Member

If you find happiness and fulfillment in your life, and if you can find the essential faith, hope, and love, you have a reason to be alive. For everybody else, the only goal in life is to hope that in the future, these purpose-granting concepts will come to you. If you can find reason to be optimistic, be optimistic and hope for this better, happy future, for yourself or for everything. But I feel that it is cruel to keep people who have no fulfillment or optimism alive against their will.
  7. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Well answer this for me if it was as easy said than done why would people suffer for?Because they enjoy it,people don't like to live a certain way but they can't just change as easy as they would like.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.