Why should i bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle

All i do is whine and moan and i am way too useless to help people. so why should i bother trying to keep myself alive when my life is meaningless. What have i got to lose? what has the world got to lose? its not as if i do anything worthwhile.

maybe i should just bugger off this site and bugger off out of this life because i sure as hell ain't doing any good in either. All i do is cause pain!

Push

You may think that all you do is cause pain, but I doubt that is all you do. I wish I knew what the purpose of living and hurting is, I don't. All I do know is that we might miss something incredible if we end it now. When we are in so much pain we can't think about how happy we might someday be. It seems as though it will never get better. But I have been there and back many times and it gets better sometimes.

eagle

its getting to be too hard to live. i've been thinking about ending it so much lately and i'm getting really close to the edge :'(

It's easier to give up than try and change the things that make you want to end your life. Before you decide, why don't you at least try to change things first. You say you have nothing to lose, so that leaves a lot to be gained. Lifestyle changes, new environments, new hobbies, therapy. If there are people in your life that are making you feel this way then cut them out of your life. I'm not condoning suicide by any means, but if you are going to go out, at least you can say you did everything you could.

FBD

Change is hard, it takes a lot of work and wont happen over a short period of time. I guess try to make little changes at a time. trying to change everything at once is a lot, and you might not notice the little changes that occur in the process.

hey :hug: whats happening? im sorry that you feel this way... let us help you - there are people here to listen and to try and support you through to better days :hug:

FBD

It's not time to give up now- you havent been around this site for long to see what other people have to offer for suggestions and what not. Stick around here and talk for a while, there might be suggestions youve never thought of before and we will give you support to try to make some of the changes you want to make.

icequeen

what makes you think you are causing pain to everyone. you dont cause pain here so thats not everyone is it. and as for whining, jeepers, we all do that at some time, thats the good thing about here, we understand and dont judge.

maybe you could talk to us more about why you feel like this.

giving in isnt the ultimate answer, it just seems the only way out of your pain at this point in time. do you have therapy, meds?

please talk to us here and give us the chance to help you. :hug:

Push

I'm so sorry that you're hurting so much. I hope that you can look at yourself and know that you are worthwhile, and that you just might be helping someone else without realizing it. You might be helping someone else just by knowing you online. This site and these people including you are helping me right now. Please just hold on.

eagle

i guess i can't go til tonight anyway so i have a bit of time to lose.

i'm just tired of being wrong all the time and thanks to my personality disorder they'll never let me go through with it.

i'm on cipralex and risperidone and have very temporary therapy atm

FBD

it seems like your meds might not be doing their job...it should help if you talk to your dr and get them changed accordingly.

what is your personality disorder holding you back from if you dont mind sharing? it might be something you can overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00