Why shouldn't I cut?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by doesntmatter, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doesntmatter

doesntmatter Active Member

All I've ever done is hurt everyone I touch. Why shouldn't I have to hurt? I deserve it. Frankly, I deserve worse. So why try to stop myself?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

because you harming yourself will not undue anything it will only cause more pain for people who do care about you Instead of harming yourself reach out get help you need to use other coping skills to help you heal

3. doesntmatter

I have two friends. One of them won't talk to me. The other is too busy. My girlfriend isn't talking to me because I'm a jerk. I don't see anything wrong with cutting to punish myself for hurting them.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

all that will do is upset them and cause them to not like you more they will see it as attention seeking you need to find a better way to cope wth you anger at yourself one that shows them you are thinking abt them not just your pain hun
    talk to someone okay find a different way to deal withyour anger your pain

5. doesntmatter

I don't know another way to make myself stop being mean. It's like Pavlov's Dog; I need to establish to myself that hurting them means I hurt myself. If I get that through my head, maybe I'll stop being an insufferable jerk.

6. metamorphosis17

metamorphosis17 Well-Known Member

You deserve more than that. If all you have for yourself is pain, then it's all you'll be able to offer to another. It has to start with the way you treat yourself.

And, of course I don't know anything about your life, but I have trouble believing that you are so horrible that you only hurt everyone you touch. Part of being human is being hurt, and yes, hurting others, but I doubt you're any more monstrous than the rest of us.

7. I can't say much more than what others have already said. Hurting yourself will not undo anything you have done. And I feel like your two friends aren't really friends if they won't talk or make time for you. You aren't any worse than a normal person, and everyone does something they think makes someone hate them, but in reality, it normally isn't that.

Hurting yourself will only make you more upset in the long run, and therefore more likely to snap or make someone else upset. Trust me, I've been there.

Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.