Why shouldn't I do it?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Daniel626, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel626

Daniel626 New Member

For the past 3 years or so I have been seriously considering suicide, the only thought that has stopped me is the pain I would cause my family (dad, mom and brothers and sisters).
    But lately that thought doesn't seem to be enough. I know it is a horrible thing to do your family but right now I just don't want to go on. I've had enough of this life.
    It makes me cry just to think about the pain they will go through but I just really want to do it.
    And old friend has a gun, I'm thinking about getting that and calling it a day.
    I don't want to do it but I just can't think of any other reason to not do it.
    If anyone can think of why else I shouldn't please let me know because I plan on getting my friends gun in about 1-2 days, when he gets back.

2. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. I'm so pleased you have found the place and hopefully you will get as much help and encouragement as I have. The fact that you are looking for help is a real positive thing in your favour. You realise the position you are in and you want to beat it. Only a short while ago I was exactly where you are now. I saw commiting as my only option much as I didn't want to take that path. I felt I had nowhere else to go. Then I found the forum. There are a lot of really good people here who understood just how I was feeling. The support I have found hasn't taken away all the pain I feel but it has given me the strength to keep on fighting. It has shown me a better way.I hope it can do the same for you. You are welcome to pm me anytime if you want to talk. Sharing that pain is what we are all here for. It does make it easier. Good luck.:smile:

3. wallflower

wallflower Well-Known Member

Why shouldn't you do it? Because you have everything to live for. I always think of suicide as something that is much much harder than dealing with every day life...and when you struggle through things, it gets better in the end. I also believe that heaven frowns upon these sorts of things, its too dark emotional, outright difficult for loved ones. Bring more light into the world...a while ago I tried. My dad screamed that it was "selfish and I would hurt all the people that loved me" but he was right, despite he shouldn't have called me an immature three year old for doing it...he was right...it is selfish in a sense. Don't give up...please!!

4. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Daniel. Please don't shoot yourself with your friend's gun! That is an awful and very traumatic way to die. Your family will be devastated. Please reconsider this. Why do you feel that suicide is your only option? :hug:

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Daniel,
    I to have suicidal ideations. My therapist told me I will probably have them the rest of my life. She has taught me coping skills to get by on a dailey basis.
    Here recently that has all blown out the window and I am overwhelmed with the thought of ending it. The thing is I still try to keep those thoughts at bay. I am trying to right the wrong that has been done to me. You need to see a therapist so he/she can teach you the coping skills. Take care my friend and Stay Strong!!!~Joseph~

6. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

As others have said, you're doing the first step by coming here for help, and a second step needs to be finding a counsellor/therapist. Having people to talk to has kept me alive. A third thing I'd recommend is finding spiritual peace. Your spiritual self is an important part of you, and if it's not nurtured, your physical and mental health will suffer. Give yourself a little time to consider all your new friends here are saying to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.