Why shouldnt I?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by AsbestosMoth, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AsbestosMoth

AsbestosMoth Member

I'm a delusional, alcoholic, uninteresting, psychotic-depressive person. People neither like nor hate me, they just forget me. There's nothing I care about and there is nothing that cares about me. I won't find friends or love, I wonder if they exist at all. You wouldn't like me if you met me, you'd forget I existed within an hour. I don't want to be here, so why should I be? Give me a reason why I shouldn't die.
  2. Lucano

Lucano Well-Known Member

Well, there are many reasons, many would make you feel even worse. Sometimes is a matter of perspective, sometimes is a matter of purpose. I think in your case might be purpose. People here care, I care, I don't know you and I still care. I am pretty sure that if I met you, I would like you as a friend. Before others can give you a chance, you need to give yourself a chance. Besides, I am more than certain that if you ended your life now, you would hurt more than one person. Try something new, try to meet someone new. Give yourself a chance to be happy, you deserve it. If you want to talk, I am here for you.
  3. BigTomTooToo

BigTomTooToo Well-Known Member

The world is by no means a friendly place. The environment is brutal and our systems are crazy. People are harsh and brash, we're all suffering and pretending to get along. Happiness is never to be judged. If you want a reason to live, I would say that for one, you took time to write your mind which is worth something. Never judge yourself to others, no one is perfect.
  4. BlinkShift

BlinkShift New Member

So the adjective I noticed was "uninteresting." I'm sorry but the other adjectives mean you are 100x more interesting than half the ppl I live around. I'm not giving lip service. I wish I grew up around people that understood a fraction of the crap I went through, and it sucked. I live somewhere that opitimizes normality and white bread america and you don't fit (and that is a GOOD thing, trust me). I spent a lifetime trying to fit into a bland mold and as much as it sucks, the fact that it hurts means that if you can work towards embracing the passion it took to post here, it means you are interesting. The other adjectives you listed are hard, I know (i fit one or two) but you're very comment means that you aren't uninteresting.
    I'm sorry but I tried living my life as uninteresting, and my grand failure means I take that adjective seriously.

btw. now that I've emerged the other side, the thing I fear most is the comfort of normality. Put that SU energy towards art, reading, walking, whatever, I don't care. Try that first. Embrace something, anything. See what you're passionate about. Judging by your post you have some sort of strong feelings. After you try that then message me.
  5. Mark1548

Mark1548 Member

It's very hard to remember when you are feeling bad, but I bet there are some things in life that you have enjoyed, and that you can enjoy again.

Sometimes they are overwhelmed by bad thoughts and feelings, but they are still there and can return.

Some simple pleasures may be your answer in the short term. Whether that be music, a book, a TV show, or a pet.

I believe there are always good things that we want to experience, even when we feel the very worst. It's just not letting them drown amongst the bad things that we have to work on.

If you can find a few things that you do enjoy, maybe you can try to work things so you are left alone for a while to concentrate on them. Put the rest of the world on hold for a time, so you have a chance to experience things that make it feel worthwhile.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.