Why so difficult

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by taplin, Apr 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taplin

taplin Member

When the desire is there to end it and you've piled on the incentives like setting a time and getting rid of your stuff and telling people goodbye and put things in order, how is it that I am debating methods still and procrastinating? It is becoming a hurdle which is infuriating to the point of making me choose a brutal way out and not the peaceful ones just so I can get it done. <mod edit - guidelines>. I have basically told someone I have set a month deadline and now feel compelled to follow through otherwise it looks like attention seeking. This is not the reason ( I would freely admit if it was). I just wanted to thank her for her kindness over the years
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Perhaps if you discussed what issues were actually bothering you or spent a little bit of all the time you are spending trying to find ways to die trying to consider ways to alleviate your self perceived need to die then things would have a chance of looking up and you would not need to worry about these things.
  3. Liquid Jello

Liquid Jello Well-Known Member

hold on. keep holding on. curious: why set a date for one month, when you could potentially hold out for two, before doing that which can't be undone? I don't think anyone would look unkindly on you for living past the established one-month deadline. I just don't see that. and also don't see how sorta "boxing oneself in" so to speak, is going to relieve your distress. there are more positive ways to get relief. you've probably done things before here or there which were helpful; do those things again. I want for you to be ok.

take care.

4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

it is so difficult, taplin, I would suggest because human beings have an in-built survival mechanism which is there to prevent them from being self-destructive, and when we try to over-ride this, it rebels. Human beings were not actually made to self-destruct. We all of us want to survive, but not in circumstances that have become so unpleasant we cannot handle them any more. So, the most empowering thing we can do, therefore, is, as NYJM has said, to consider ways to alleviate your self-perceived need to not be here.
  5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

when someone sets out to suicide and doesnt, I think thats called courage. Not "attention seeking"
  6. gentlewhisper

gentlewhisper New Member

I feel your pain. I'm having a hard time committing to letting go and just going. I don't want to be saved. I want to die.
  7. taplin

taplin Member

Hi all been trying to reply but mods must be editing it out
  8. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, taplin. Your posts were in the queue for approval, not being edited out.
  9. taplin

taplin Member

Hi all been trying to reply but mods must be editing it out

Waiting for the two posts before this one
  10. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Taplin, your two earlier posts in this thread WERE deleted because they went against the site's rules/guidelines. They will not be reinstated.
  11. taplin

taplin Member

hi pecious
    i think there must be a genetic component for sure or at least an epigenetic one. almost like eye blinking or something which is automatic and not autonomous to the conscious. thanks for the response
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.