why so scared

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by crookxshanks, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

i get so scared about admitting that i was sectioned. i think thats the first time its ever been written down or even said in my head.

i get so terrified, anxious and nervous of saying that i was admitted to a psych ward. even on here. maybe its because ive lost so many friends over it and im scared that im going to be judged the same way here

it terrifies the life out of me :(

2. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

It's quite possible that your scared it will alienate you. That people will think you're 'mad.' I know i don't tell many people about the time i was hospitalised for anorexia, and that's because;
    a) I don't think people will understand
    b) I'm worried people willl view me in a different way.
    I shouldn't worry about it. You don't have to admit anyway. :hug: Take your time, tell people if and when you're ready. And if you're never ready, dont. It's in your hands.

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

When you admit something, it becomes so much more real and takes on a very new meaning...but without admitting it, it cannot be dealt with and the problems that percipitated it, cannot be dealt with...you are very brave to admit this and take it in...big hugs, J

4. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

now that its out in the open that is one less thing for you to worry about, i understand the scared part.
    being sectioned is still seen as taboo, something bad and the person is just nuts and some people do recoil from that.
    at least with us you know we understand and we would never judge you.

take care

5. numb2long

numb2long Member

I know the feeling, but true friends don't leave you over that stuff. Mine didn't. I don't tell anyone IRL but really trustworthy types or folks that might need to hear that they need to go to the hospital, too.

6. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

I agree, and I'm quite surprised that you lost friends over this - maybe you need to make some new friends, there are plenty of good people out there.

7. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

its so sweet of you all to reply. i dont feel brave about it at all. just always feel like im going to be judged because of it. the very few friends i have now all of them have mental health problems like myself and so its easier to relate. although its still scary to tell them what happened. its like theres levels of insanity that you can get and being sectioned is right up the top there

8. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Some people just can't cope with the idea of mental illness which is maybe why some people have deserted you. It's crazy really because if you said you were in hospital for virtually any other illness people would be so sympathetic. Guess it's still a big taboo subject. Glad you've found the strength to tell us here. That's a big step towards coming to terms with it yourself. Anyone who is worth having as a friend wouldn't be fazed by such an admission. Best wishes.

9. mourningseraph

mourningseraph Well-Known Member

Here on SF we ALL have issues in one form or another. You're not alone, I've known many people who have been sectioned. I'll NEVER judge you, no matter what. :hug: I have sooo many secrets that I won't tell anyone out of fear of being judged and rejected. I admire your strength and bravery for posting this. :smile:

10. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

I suppose it's best to concentrate on trying to get yourself better, and if there is no need to tell someone, then don't worry about it. The present is more important than the past. Best wishes.

11. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Glad you were able to get it out :)
    No one will judge you here :hug:
    A lot of people here have been through the same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.