Why so unhappy when I have so few problems?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by catecholamine, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catecholamine

catecholamine Well-Known Member

I just don't get it. I have few problems. My own place, my own (though shitty) car, I get SSI so I get $698 a month and insurance just for sitting on my ass all day doing whatever I want. I have family that loves me. I have friends.
    But I'm still so damn unhappy. I'm on meds, a SNRI (Effexor XR) and Geodon for my Bipolar. I understand I'll have depressive episodes with my Bipolar (I have BP 1) but there's supposed to be time inbetween where I am normal. I never have that. Either I am depressed or I am mixed/manic and at least partially psychotic (hallucinating and such). Depression is supposed to break a some point. I've had depression to some degree since I was 14. I'm 23 now. It got way worse at about 21 when the Bipolar set in.

I see a psychiatrist every month (sometimes more) and a case manager and therapist every week. I have good support. I'm very lucky in that aspect.
    Still I'm unhappy. Any suggestions on what to do? :confusion:

2. Maybe you want to get out of your house and get yourself engage in a sports of any kind? :hug:
    Did you inform your doctor and therapist of your mood? :hug:

3. Chronny Depp

Chronny Depp Member

A lack of excitement can bring a depressive mood. I think a good way to break from an episode of depression long enough to regain some sort of balance or happiness is to discover something new and interesting. =P Just a suggestion.

I hope it all goes well!

4. catecholamine

catecholamine Well-Known Member

Ew, sports. lol.
    My therapist and everyone involved in my treatment knows, because I'm constantly unhappy and virtually continuously suicidal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.