Why stop?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Twisted Sweet Lies, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

I haven't done any thing in months. I almost went a year with out cutting. But lately I've been thinking why stop? If I will always have urges to cut for the rest of my life why fight it? why try to stop? I don't want to deal with urges for the rest of my life. I can't find a good reason to stop. I've tried like I said I almost went a year but I always fall back to it. All my efforts are worthless. I don't even remember my reasons for trying so hard. Perhaps I thought it was something I could beat. I really can't think of any reason to continue to fight the urges. Why fight them if cutting helps. It's pathetic how many years I've been trying to stop. It seems useless.

2. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

i know the feeling of why bother myself. been thinking the same thing for a long time. the urge never leaves, butwe can fight it. the more we SH teh worse it gets. the ddeper we cut the better. the longer we do it the harder it is to stop. ppl dont understand how cutters think, and dont want to either. we are a group all in ourselves.
    cutting causes damage to our bodies that can be irreversible, nerve damage, scars, etc...
    i know its hard to stop, but i did for a while, and then started again. but thats neither here nor their. each of us that SH have to find a reason to stop and not do it anymore.
    please be safe and take care
    there are ppl here that understand and want to help. i am one myself
    "hug:

3. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

They are no good, the urges. I HATE them. I try to be strong....because I find myself making good excuses for commiting self-harming acts.... but the excuses are really not good excuses. Basically they are lies that I tell myself to make it seem alright.....:blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.