Why the hell do we bother????

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by liveinhope, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

I got this in a PM today

your post caught my attention

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a friend of mine is in trouble i fear for their safety i cant say more because i wont breach trust........

I did talk to someone to share concerns..........

What has become of the word ‘trust’? It is like chocolate…….it melts under the sun.

Once more I am taught that there is no such place call trust or trusty people.

Thanks for posting. I now know I do not and couldn't trust neither this place nor its people.

B

And i have to wonder why the hell we bother trying to help sometimes if we tell we are dammed if we dont tell we are to :sad:

It really has made my day thanks for that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Dawn, please do not take it to heart. Remember that things are said out of anger and pain that would not be under different circumstances. When you do what you feel is necessary, you risk their anger and feelings of betrayal. You must weigh the options and decide which is most important for you to do. You did not breach their trust by posting. You gave no information, only expressed concern for them.

3. liveinhope

I guess Corrina thanks for that it helped , i was just so mad because i would not break anyones confidence unless i really had to, perhaps me just being sensitive at the moment .

4. patacake

patacake Well-Known Member

dawn hun

no-one knows better than I how safe a confidence or secret is with u , my dear friend.

Someone who did not know u atall would I feel be ill qualified to pm u regarding this sensitive matter , when quite plainly u already carry a great deal of worry for ur troubled friend. :mad:

In our industry we sadly at times have to discover the importance of sharing info on a need to know basis - which I might add is always done with regard and much forethought but sometimes literally saves lives , not always from ones self but from the hands of an abuser in some instances .

I will refer to at this point my friend which I know is permitted by urself as u have done so previously urself mention that I have reluctantly gone against ur wishes on more than one occasion regarding living , I have revealed as little as possible about u of course back to the need to know basis , but have still sought help for u to preserve life and dismiss ur choice.

Acts of selfishness and true devotion to our friendship on my part for which u have forgiven me as I would u and as ur other friend would also .

People that actually know u and know how big that heart is would echo my thoughts I m sure hunni

Take Care , ya dont need it :hug:

jo xx

5. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

Donethat, you could have possibly saved a life!!!! Be happy with yourself. You would be more unhappy if this person died and you could have helped but did nothing. My daughter told people online that she was not happy if they had of told me, she may well have been here today.

Not everyone will always agree with the decisions we make. As gentle lady said, you did not say names etc. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. On the internet people will often say nasty things because they are cowards and they know that you will never meet them face to face.

6. liveinhope

Thank you hun i feel better about it today, i can be trusted and i wont share , but i wont sit and watch another person leave without trying to help
    Im very sorry about your daughter hun i replied to your thread

Take Care and thanks

hugs

7. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

you done the right thing dawn, theres a fine line between being trusted and sitting back and doing nothing, as was said before you may have saved a life.

and that is why we bother hun.

8. liveinhope

I know Andy and thank you for your kindness i feel differently today and perhaps i should have posted it in venting i was just so cross

take care hun

9. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I got dobbed into the CAT team by someone I knew. He even said that if he was going to dob me in, he would let me know, and he would only dob me if I said I was going to do it tonight. I never said that at all but he got worried and dobbed me in. I was upset about being dobbed in, and said lots of bull sh788t to the CAT team so it didn't go any further. But I also understand that he was concerned about me.

So I think your friend might be upset with you, she/he will understand why you did it. It is not as if you are dobbing her in for something that they could get fined for etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.