Why the short stick?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by BBM77, Nov 27, 2015.

1. BBM77

BBM77 Active Member

Ever get those people who swear this oath to you that you can go to them and talk with them about anything? Yet when you do, their only responses are words varying from 1 letter to 4 letters at most? "Ok", "Yeah", "K" and so on. What gives? I'm pouring my feelings out to you, letting you know what I think and how I feel about things. Trusting you with the information I am speaking.

Yet...so much small talk. Oh but it's okay for you to be spewing forth what you have in mind to me and get all snappy when I do it back. The fuck? Don't like it when it happens to you? Well, don't do it to me! If you can't hear me out, have the common courtesy to tell me. An "Ok" doesn't say shit!

Why do people DO this? As well as friends.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

They do it because they are unsure how to respond but want to let you know they are listening in a way they only know how to.
    You are right it does hurt when you are releasing so much pain and you don't get the feed back you are needing. A professional i would hope would know how to respond better as they have the skills to do so where your friends really do not understand and perhaps are afraid of responding wrong and hurting you more