why this date..?

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by lav11, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lav11

lav11 Well-Known Member

so last year i ran away from home and found myself being sexually abused by a guy i met up with, I really didnt think i thought much of it because i ran away from being abused by my mother and her friends/boyfriends and what happened with him was far less worse then what was happening when i was living with my mother. And while it hurts to think about what happened with that guy i usually worry about other abuse more...

but today in the adolescence DBT group i go to weekly they were talking about how we are going on break and the date we would be returning.... turns out that is one of the days i was badly abused last year... I guess i just automatically freaked.

I really dont understand why ive crashed so badly from simply hearing a date, i mean ive crashed like this before when grieving past abuse i guess, like a year after i was first abused or dates that were expecially bad. but that date i mean, i dont really know how to explain it, why did THAT date set me off so much, sure it was only a year ago and it was a real bad day but i dont know...

sorry im just really confused and upset, i feel so stupid about this... when so much else has happened i freak out about the 1 abuse that happened a year ago on the one date i really shouldnt.

2. Tea_at_Four

Tea_at_Four Staff Alumni

Sorry you're having a tough time. When we get shaken by things that seem to be 'less bad', often it is because those 'less bad' things are small enough in the scale of our hurts, that to let them get to us will not cause huge damage when compared to the 'really bad' hurts.

Don't feel stupid about it getting you down. You can come to SF and talk to folks here while you weekly group is on break. TC.

3. Tea_at_Four

Tea_at_Four Staff Alumni

4. lav11

lav11 Well-Known Member

:hug: thankyou

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.