Why try anymore?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Ferret, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Ferret

Ferret Well-Known Member

I'm going to try to not start a rant, but here goes....

I haven't been in a relationship in over a year. I wouldn't really want one at the moment, because there are some issues with myself that I need to sort out first. But I would love to go on a date with someone. This is why it's failing....

I live in the oldest city in North America. St John's, Newfoundland. It's the farthest east you can travel to on this continent. Anyway, the bar scene is pretty big here. I often go with my friends to some bars in the hopes that we might meet some women and hopefully stay in contact with them, but that never happens. I left my job for a career change and am now in school, and a student loan isn't going very far. It gets expensive to go to these bars, and every time I tell myself that I'm not going to go with my friends this time, it happens anyway. I feel that by not going, I'm just going to be alone on a night where I could try to meet people. I'm not sure if anyone here has had similar experiences, but I don't think it's worth it anymore. There are tons of women around but they are in their own little cliques and its very difficult to break into that. I would love to meet a woman who I could hang around with and be close to. I did have that a few months ago, but that person isn't talking to me anymore. That's another regretful story. I could say that I'm not worth anyone's time, as I did a few months ago, but now I don't think it's my fault. I put myself out there but it's a failure every time. It seems that society has become nothing but segregated cliques that only allow other people into their lives, just by luck. I'm not sure what to think of all this, but I've had a very disappointing night. I'm not going to try to meet people anymore. But I heard that those who try most likely fail, but it's apparent that those who do try fail as well. Sorry for the rant. I really hate society but constantly try to fit into it everyday, only to be slapped in the face. Heaven forbid I'm 25, going bald, and still in school. I guess my fate doesn't look as bright as I hope it would be. I'm not sure what to do. Life sucks :(
  2. warwithlife16

warwithlife16 Active Member

Hey man i feel your pain, just keep hanging in there man you'll find someone. Remember you ARE NOT alone man ... you arent the only one feeling this way alot of others are too. A few of the things you mentioned im currently going through too. Just hang in there try to be strong and patient good things will come.