Why Wait?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by wendolynmarie, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wendolynmarie

wendolynmarie Active Member

I keep wondering why am I waiting? Why am I not just doing it now? I have nothing left to live for. It's obvious that people have been much happier without me in their lives. So why wait? What am I trying to accomplish by waiting? I'm not trying to live through the depression. It's obvious the longer I wait the more depressed I get. So why don't I just get it done with now?

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

i suppose thats something only you can answer
  3. wendolynmarie

I don't even know why I'm still here. I have nothing anymore.
  4. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

Maybe you're afraid of the attempt, if it'll work or not? That is my greatest fear - that I will attempt, and fail, and wind up horribly worse of than I was before and incapable of attempting ever again.

Maybe life has left you feeling drained, and you just cannot muster the strength to do anything? Struggling with this undeserved pain that we face year after year can really take the life out of someone, leaving them with desires but no ability or strength to initiate action.

Maybe you're waiting because there a tiny spark of hope somewhere, so small it could be invisible to you? Honor that hope as long as you are alive - put all your efforts into healing. Therapy. Help. Life changes.

As Odiecom says, no one can answer your question for you. These are merely ideas I could think of, some that I've learned from my own experiences.
  5. wendolynmarie

I think it's the second one. I'm so tired anymore. I don't know how I wake up in the morning.

I wish it were all over right now.
  6. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hey wendy.. :hug:
    u know i can relate so much 2 ur posts.. and pretty much every1 elses on here..
    depression is a horrible illness.. i know what its like 2 want 2 end it here and now.. but please keep on fighting.. there are ppl out there that can help when ur feeling this low.. like the samaritans.. crisis lines.. even 911/999.. take advantage of them if u can..
    i read somewhere that suicide is a permenant solution 2 a temporary problem..
    when i first read it i thought.. well thats what i want-a full solution.. and i discarded the temporary bit..
    but its true.. when we feel this low its like nothing will ever get better.. but it can.. x
    hang in there wendy :hug: x
  7. iKarma

iKarma Well-Known Member

Why not?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.