Why was and am I so weak

Discussion in 'Rape & Abuse' started by amylou, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amylou

amylou Well-Known Member

Why was I so weak that I never fighted back.
    Why did I just lay there frozen like an idiot.
    Even now I cant defend myself against the bastards of this world.
    Im so weak being attacked once is bad luck twicw is unlucky but when it totaled up to 7 abusers was it my fualt did I ask for it

2. lost soul

lost soul Guest

Hiya Amylou

It isnt your fault hun not at all. I know that you must be feeling absolutely terrible, I know I do. I have been raped a number of times too.

Have you felt able to contact the police? Have you managed to get yourself checked out for STD's and also have you told anyone?

Sorry for the questions, if you need to pm me please feel free to. I have gone through it and are going through it still.

3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Sweetheart it's as if abused people carry neon signs on their heads. i think its because they're usually child victims to start with. it's about posture and the way u walk etc.

Apparently there was a whole study on victims of rape, mugging etc and confident, self assured people who walk talk and act unconcerned are less likely to be a victim of an attack.

Can I ask, are you sure you're not picking abusers?
    I only ask cos I was sexually abused as a kid and in my teens it was like every molester, rapist, violent sadistic bastard made a beeline for me. I used to think it was something I was doing, but a very good therapist explained to me that abusers are really good at spotting victims (i.e the damage from the early abuse was like a beacon to them).

Once I came to terms with what had happened to me as a child I seemed to stop attracting these low lifes.

Never think the victim is to blame, the attacker is the one to blame.

Please find someone u can talk this thru with, please don't blame yourself for not fighting back. until I knew I could fight back and win I would have been endangering my life trying to fight someone twice my size.

You are no way at fault in these situations !!!!!!

Also taking up martial arts for defence wasn't a bad move either...I laid a potential rapist out with one solid blow to his solar plexus..don't think he knew what hit him.. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2006
  4. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

It's not your fault and it's important that you try not to think that way. I have had a number of bad people in my life and I have thought to myself many a time it was my own fault but it doesn't help the situation and you're not at fault for any of this. You were unlucky to have gotten into those situations and no guy should ever take advantage of someone. Take care of yourself, and I'm only a PM away if you want to talk.

5. scared_child

scared_child Account Closed

hey babe, its not your fault. You didn't ask for it. I know how it is. Don't blame yourself hun. *sending friendly love and safe hugs*

6. Bette

Bette Guest

Awww, baby. Neon signs is right.

Predators, evil, ugly people they sense a wounded soul.

Tell ya what. Up the road they'll have it back on them. No kidding. There's karma and that's for sure.

IT IS NEVER YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is none of our faults.

7. painkiller

painkiller New Member

hey i might not say im with u but i know how you feel it happen to me ones and don't foget im a guy and yes it was by another guy and it still hurts to remember but if u need a friend i'll b here for you any time you need a friend

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.