Why Was I Like This When I Was A Child?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by asking_advice, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asking_advice

asking_advice Well-Known Member

im 21 years old already but i cant understand why my behavior when i was a child was different. i always self-pity, envy, and never contented. my family financial is ok, i have parents, and im only child. i saw other children who are only child and their parents strict but still they can have friends at their same age. i had distorted view in life before. why was i like this before? any opinion even you are not a therapist...
  2. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Hello asking_advice. I have two guesses about your behavior- you are more emotionally sensitive than your peers, I am and it has caused me deep pain from my earliest recollections. My second guess is that you may have chronic clinical depression. When I was very young I suffered periods of feeling different, feeling cursed and as you said feelings of self pity and envy.

Depression for me as a young child caused my feeling alienated from people- even my own family (I have one sibling- a brother) and I would be trapped for the depressive episode's duration in my own sad world of negatively distorted perceptions and endless rumination.

You are among peers at this forum, it is a very safe and supportive place to share and hopefully shed your pain. :console:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.