Why won't people just let me talk?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Striking, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Striking

Striking Well-Known Member

I spoke to my therapist, her immediate reaction was to put me on a hold. I spoke to my PCP, her reaction was to panic and get a therapist who considered putting me on a hold (I kept most details private). I told a friend and again, panic instead of letting me talk. I have been as far as having plan and date time to complete it, that was two weeks ago. I still struggle with the thoughts, but without the obsessiveness.

I flat out told the professionals that if you started writing those holds I would leave. All you were doing was causing me to go into hiding, probably in a hotel, without being able to contact anyone. Not exactly what I needed.

Yes its scary stuff, but I thought with my therapist I would be safe enough to speak the whole truth. We worked it out in the end, but I still have some misgivings.

Gotta go. Will let more out later
    Fading_Awayy likes this.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

They panic and have a ''fit'' because they are concerned about you and only want the best for you and for ho harm to come your way. I hope you can find someone who won't freak out, we here certainly won't, please tell us more of your story, you are cared about here *hugs*
  3. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I'm sorry to hear you feel like you aren't being heard. *hugs*

Perhaps they just need a little time to find you the proper care you need? I am sure they do care about you.

Please do feel free to share more here, we do listen without judging here. Be kind to yourself!
  4. Striking

Striking Well-Known Member

Thank you. It was surprising to me to see such knee jerk reactions. That I had to talk them down was more astonishing.

In the end, I have a stronger relationship with my therapist because I was able to make her listen. She took steps to make sure I had someone to talk with or who would check in with me, to try to jeep me safe. I am very grateful for that.

The therapist through my health insurance has been very helpful too though I have to take up any of her suggestions or offers. She has kept in touch with me through the med website email.

Saying the words was the correct decision. It made my thoughts and obsession real. There was no unsaying the words and the heavy weight that they carried. By doing so I received the help in the way i that was most useful to me.