Why would I become so grief stricken 6 months after?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by jaybirdssis, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaybirdssis

jaybirdssis Member

I lost a brother to suicide when I was a child and held strong until 6 months after and then broke down. History has repeated itself and I am at the 6 month mark after losing my other brother to suicide. I feel so alone with 2 siblings leaving me behind to pick up so many pieces.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am so sorry Jaybird...to loose two siblings is just so tragic..please continue to tell us how you are doing and also, please stay safe..J
  3. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Loss to me, is like a living bereavement, it never really goes away we just have to try to deal with it as best we can.
    Welcome to the forum, i hope you find some answers here.
  4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for both your losses....that is so tragic....
    the 6 months mark is so hard..the shock wearing off and the reality and pain setting in..
    I hope you keep reaching out here for support...
    there are many here who understand your pain..
    take care..*hug*
  5. jaybirdssis

jaybirdssis Member

Thank you for the replies. I had a much better day today than yesterday which was a break down. I am now having trouble sleeping and cranky but hanging in there.
  6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

are you having any grief therapy?
    it might help...
  7. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Wow jaybird, Im so sorry for you loss, both of them. There are no words coming to mind that you probably havent heard before, just wanted to let you know Im here if you ever need to talk.

8. jaybirdssis

jaybirdssis Member

No, i have not had any grief therapy. My brother was seeing a shrink once in a while and I was thinking of making an appointment with him so he could help me understand my brother's situation better and how he felt about those he left behind. After a patient is deceased, can a doctor talk freely?
  9. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

how you doing?
    I'm not sure about the docs telling you about your brother...I think they would be a bit gaurded about what they say..worth a try though..
    I feel that maybe some counceling for yourself might be of help..
    joining a 'real life' support group to talk to others who have been through the same as you could help also..
    it's helped me..
  10. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I agree you need to talk to grief councillor okay someone that deals specifically with grief and he loss of someone It does help i lost someone too and know how confusing it can get. Do that for you okay reach out and get some help for YOU now hugs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.