Why?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Ceeq, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceeq

Ceeq Member

Why do I need to hurt myself to get real help? One of the worst weeks of my life and all I can do is ring helplines, most of them are busy or the offices are closed etc so I end up back at the Samaritans (I know they do a brilliant job but talking is not helping). I called my GP and she gave me seven days worth of sleeping tablets. I asked about a home visit, just to be assessed because I don't feel safe but she just said if i couldn't get to the surgery we should leave it for seven days and review a home visit then. Just feel I have no choice but to hurt myself so they can see how bad things are inside..maybe then I can see a Psychiatrist, see a crisis team..anything. Sorry I'm so tired at the mo and just feeling like this pain is not going to end :(

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, Ceeq. I am so glad you have reached out here. Can we give you some support to help you through things for a bit? What things are happening that make you feel so bad you feel like hurting yourself? Maybe if you talk to us about what is happening, you will feel better and we might have ideas for how to cope with the feelings.

If you are in a space where you are really right on the edge of hurting yourself in any way, please, please, go to the A&E / ER right away. Tell them what you have said here, that you feel desperate. You could also call the paramedics if you are frightened you are going out of control.

3. Ceeq

Ceeq Member

Hi Acy, thanks for the quick reply. I just can't seem to shake off this sleep deprivation and it's making me desparate. I have been taking my meds every night for the past week and have been getting a decent 6 hours or so a night but I just never seem to feel any better, like I can't catch up atall which doesn't make any sense to me because i'm getting some better sleep. I spend all day feeling drowsy, unable to eat, concentrate..basically just a zombie and the past day I can feel the depression kicking in and I justwant to give up and stop it all...stop crawling through everyday with bad sleep, OCD, Agorophobia, sight probs...i have a six year old boy and tbh he's the only reason i'm bothering right now.

4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

It is the depression that has you feeling so tired and and unable to do anything Ceeq - that is what depression does. It will leave you feeling exhausted and unable to cope with even basic tasks sometimes. Please keep posting here, stop by chat to talk there if you think it might help, but if you truly think you need to hurt yourself go to A&E , call emergency services if need be and tell them you are going to hurt yourself if they cannot help you find a safe place to be. Sometimes you just have to not take "no" as an answer when dealing with Dr and healthcare and demand treatment. I know that is hard and requires a lot of energy you might not feel you have right now but it is a far better option than hurting yourself to be heard.

Take Care and Be Safe

Ben

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun sorry the health professionals are not hearing your cries for help. If you have to h un just go to emergency dept and demand help ok You should not have to fight alone Anyway of getting a relative to help you hun so you can rest through day more.

6. Ceeq

Ceeq Member

Thanks everyone..i spoke to the Doc again and told him I was still feeling exhausted on the sleeping tabs. He prescribed some Valium over the weekend and wants me checked for the sleep apnea stuff. I'm worried about taking it as I know they can be addictive and I'm worried about not taking it and yea round and round..but then that's how I am right now, just unsure of everything. Ii think your right about the depression Ben, it's hard to see what's causing what right now but I'm definently depressed, one thing I've finally accepted after years of living with this without really telling anyone. I'm gonna try and take today as calmly as I can and not think about my partner goin back to work on Monday.

7. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Ceeq, if he prescribed Valium for just over the weekend, you probably won't develop a habit for it. It might be just to make sure you get a solid bit of sleep so things can then return to a more stable pattern. Did he give you a month's worth in the script or a few days' worth? And you do have control over how much you talk, sweetie. If you are concerned you'd take more, bring in only what you need, and have your partner hold on to the rest, or leave the rest in the car. Make it harder to get at them if you're concerned.

8. Ceeq

Ceeq Member

Hi Acy it doesn't get much better but i'm keeping on. I got it together to take the Valium and felt silly after as it was fine like you said. It did just take the edge off and calmed me down for a few hours, shame it has to wear off. Think this will be my last night on the Zopiclone as the daytime tiredness is just too much . I see the GP tommorow so will ask about something different, wish I knew what.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.