Why

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by SuicideSam, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuicideSam

SuicideSam Banned Member

Does anyone know why it feels so good to self harm? I'm hoping if maybe I can understand it then I can beat it.

2. AnnieK

AnnieK Well-Known Member

for me i can take physical pain easier than emotional pain. the SH gets my mind shifted away from the emotional turmoil. it's like i get to be in charge of my pain. because i feel like i have no control over the deep depressions, bad thoughts, self hate thoughts. it's like drinking or using drugs or any other addiction in that it slowly starts to occupy most of my mind waiting til the end of the day to do it in private.

how how to control it is a whole different story. i have trusted only a couple of people to talk to about this. i try some online SH sites but most are triggering. talking it out helps some , not always.

sorry i don't have a better grip on this to explain it.

3. SuicideSam

SuicideSam Banned Member

That does make sense, I already think of it as a drug and I welcome the pain when I do it so it fits.

Talking about it does help for me, and it would be interesting to see some other sites but I'm a little to unstable right now and will get triggered easily:(

You explained it pretty well I think. Cleared a few things up, thank you for helping:)

4. AnnieK

AnnieK Well-Known Member

glad to help. makes my day to help. it's all i've got these days.

:waving:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.