Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pat1, Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pat1

pat1 Active Member

Today I feel a bit 'life is pointless'.like its not really worth being around.i get this for no apparent reason in that anything is that wrong.must be nice to be ok everyday..
  2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

The why? questions are always an invitation/opportunity to find the answers to them. I reckon that the more they persist the more important it becomes to listen to them, because they are there for a reason, to lead us into the place where we can understand the point of our life:)

I know I asked a huge Why? question 20 years ago, and since then have found the path I'm on now where I can look back and understand why - things I could not see back then but which I now can - it's awesome and thrilling, but at the same time a bit scary maybe as well, as we don't know what we don't know and sometimes we prefer to keep it that way and carry on regardless, which many people do....... - but it's certainly not unusual to ask the Why? questions like we did as children trusting our parents to give us the answers - I reckon we only stop asking when we start to believe there's no one who can satisfactorily answer them!
  3. JV3

JV3 Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people have those same thoughts. Maybe they don't express them as much, or maybe it doesn't make them feel as down as some, but I think everyone thinks that at different point in their life, and, life you mentioned, they don't always have to have a reason in their own life. It's easy to look around at the world and how strange it is or just simply observe things around you and wonder that.

I won't bore you with a lot of "why life is worth living" stuff, but I'll just say that I personally believe it's worth living, and that I hope you find some things in your life to help you today and moving forward.

It's not uncommon at all to feel down for no real reason. That's actually how my first bouts with depression and suicide started - just out of thin air. One day, I just was sad all the time and didn't know why. I thought my brain was broken or something, but over time I've come to understand a lot of this stuff I've gone through and it's gotten a lot better and more manageable.
  4. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

I wish this were the case.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi pat, I hope you are doing a bit better today, keep posting :hug:
  6. Suess

Suess Member

Hi Pat, I lost my love to suicide on May 13 of this year and I know exactly what you mean about life feeling pointless. I have faith that this is going to get better one step and one day at a time.
  7. pat1

pat1 Active Member

Thanks Suess,my wife died on January 6th this year.Hit me hard.As well as all the other stuff to deal with.Hope you feeling ok.thanks for replying Suess and petal.for me its always nice when someone replies.makes me feel someone is listening which is a help in its self..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.