Why....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lanasummer, Mar 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lanasummer

lanasummer Active Member

I don't know why I am struggling to come to terms that I am the victim of abuse.

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. The horrible past memories are tough to deal with and no doubt cause you feel low about yourself. The feelings you have is totally understandable and you must suffer everyday from these horrible memories. The constant reminder must hurt and affect your day to day activity. Please remember YOU ARE A SURVIVOR and it's about dealing with one day at a time.

Yes, I know it's hard. but you are among people who understand your feelings. I hope you are seeing a therapist or getting group therapy as that will help you. I strongly suggest that you write your feelings down in the private diary function on this forum as it will help you. It might help you reading your feelings and a way to release the pain your are suffering emotionally.

Overcoming such a traumatic experience is hard but you are important to us. Please keep posting here as we can help you when your are low. Be safe please

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Do you care to elaborate and we might be able to help you hun?

4. lanasummer

lanasummer Active Member

@ unknown_111

Thank you so much for those words. I am currently seeing a College/University counselor on a weekly bases but I don't think that I helping much. I feel like I am just re-living my past experiences more than ever. I also feel like I am not moving forward with healing or moving forward.
    Thank you for suggesting group therapy, I have never thought of that but I think I could try it.

5. lanasummer

lanasummer Active Member

@Petal

I have been and currently is psychical and mental abused by my father. I don't think I have ever safe around him.

6. Petal

I am really sorry to hear that. I think you need to tell your counselor that you do not feel it is helping. As suggested above, group therapy might work wonders.
    You have the therapist, you can call hotlines, you can talk to your doctor, talk to us here, so many options hun and you're not alone in this We care :hug:

7. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You are welcome. Life is important and that also means YOU. Group therapy with others who have experienced what you have gone through will help as they will understand what you are going through. Here we care and do not like to see others to suffer. You can get over but it will take time but please be safe. You joined a community where you told us what happened to you and nobody will judge you but show compassion. Life is about being compassionate and helping each other through the tough times. Be safe and if you crying whilst reading message, then it's ok as it releases the hurt you are feeling. Be safe and do not fret now,please. Let the healing process start now but it will take time.

8. lanasummer

lanasummer Active Member

@ Petal + @ UNknown_111

Thank you so much. I am thankful for being in the forum because here I feel like I can let it all out, all my thoughts and emotions. In the real world I feel like I am in this big room with so much people in it and I am screaming at the top of my lungs and nobody turns around.

9. Petal

You are very welcome lanasummer. You are a survivor not a victim. I agree that this forum is amazing, such a great outlet to have. Best of luck to you and keep talking to us :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.