why

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by normaljoe, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. normaljoe

normaljoe Well-Known Member

so I started taking Zoloft again and for some reason the stress that I have been going through with my family I have been started to have those thoughts again. I am not sure why. I am taking these meds again (after several months of not taking them) to stop these feelings and urges and thoughts. I called the suicide hotline the other day because I caught myself googling suicide. My apathy for school grows and I can't help but think about ending everything.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hope the medication kicks in soon it takes up to 6 weeks to get full affect though good for you calling the crisis line when you needed help
    Keep taking here let some of those thought out here thats all they are just thoughts don't need to act on them.

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I hope that the meds help. I would also strongly consider before stopping meds again. Once you find a way that things are okay or better making a change like going off the meds does typically make things go back to worse again and it is sometimes harder to get back under control than just resuming the old med regime.

Along with the meds please let off extra stress by talking here while waiting for the meds to start having full effect again. While meds are helpful to many , they are usually only one piece of the puzzle. Maybe some extra support here can help as another.I am sorry things got worse but nice seeing you here again.

Take Care and Be Safe

- Ben

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I am also on zoloft (200mg) and I find it superb for social anxiety however some people can have an abnormal reaction to the drug and this is something you need to discuss with the prescriber. I hope you do not hurt yourself. The medicine is there to help us along the way to recovery but not a cure for something in its entirety. Please ask for help and I hope you are treated well as no one deserves to feel this way. Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.