Why?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by BrokenIcarus, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrokenIcarus

BrokenIcarus Member

Why does everyone leave? Why do I always wind up alone? I don't have the energy to learn to trust all over again. I just can't keep doing this.

It is so hard to get out of bed in the morning, so hard to just keep going, when all I want is for the world to just go away?

I don't mean to whine...I'm sorry...

I just feel useless and alone and afraid and worthless and a burden to everyone and everything...

What's the point anymore...I just don't seem to have one.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Things are forever changing in our lives. You didn't mention who has left and where they went. Was it family, friends, acquaintences? Sometimes we grow in directions. Don't give up in finding new friends. There are others out there, but as you said, it is hard to build that trust again. I hope you are able to do this. :hug:

3. Everyone does leave my life as well. I know how it feels to get close to someone and have them leave. I've had parents leave, boyfriend leave (now ex), friends leave, pets leave, etc. It never seems to end but you still have hope. There's at least ONE person out there that will not leave you no matter what happens--this could be family, friend, or a lover--it'll take time to realize who this is in your life though.
    Pick up the pieces and try again, each time you'll grow stronger and each time it will lead you to finding the one person that wouldn't ever leave.

4. KyleKW

KyleKW Well-Known Member

"I don't mean to whine...I'm sorry..."
    No, don't apologize, you're brave for voicing your thoughts. The rest of your post was so well-put, I think most of us have that feeling of consistently being left by the people that (should) matter the most to us, especially when we've secured some possibility that we found one that won't (and then they leave us).

"...ONE person out there that will not leave you no matter what happens... try again, each time you'll grow stronger..."
    I appreciate the idea, trust there is some truth to it, but amazingly hard to imagine. Personally I get weaker each time someone leaves -- the hurt, damaged trust, waste of time and energy -- each time takes a piece of me to where I am empty and vulnerable for the next one.

Right now I am grabbing onto every thread to hang on... please, please do the same... you owe it to yourself, that can be your useful purpose until an even better one happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.