Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Secret wounds, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Secret wounds

Secret wounds Well-Known Member

I dont understand why is it when people finally do decide to take their lives on here do people try to stop them? Tell them to go to the hospital? Isnt the reason why were all here to take our lives? Do you tell people to not take their lives out of your own guilt? Why tell someone it will get better when it doesnt get better.

Maybe its just me who doesnt stop telling people to kill themselves because i dont care anymore i know theres nothing better out there.
  2. down_and_low

down_and_low Active Member

I'm just not able to sit back and let someone take their life. I know how they feel, as i feel that way too, but i'd like to think people would be concerned about me if i finally decide to take that step. Being wanted and cared for is the most important thing in life, and sometimes just letting someone know you care about them can help them.
    Life may not get better straight away, but you'll never know what could have been if you choose to end it.
  3. Secret wounds

I guess im just trying to disconnect myself from people from everyone that cares that way il have no reason to live and it will be easier for me to kill myself. I think im looking for encouragement to killmyself but i dont ever find it because no one wants to live with the guilt of telling someone its ok to kill themselves. There must be someone out there who says its ok for me to kill myself, that i wasnt meant to be born and its ok if i want to kill myself but i never find that person.
  4. down_and_low

down_and_low Active Member

The fact you need confirmation that you should kill yourself shows that you've not fully disconnected yourself. You still need reasurance, which will make people try and help you. You're not a lost cause, and there's still hope for you. Please don't give up!
  5. Secret wounds

I dont want hope though fuck that shit im nearly 27 and life hasnt got slightly better so why should i pertend to myself it ever will. i stop myself from taking my life because i dont want to hurt my family but sometimes i think fuck them their part of the reason why my life is hell anyway. Whats the point in giving me false hope when you know this world is full of shit.
  6. aqaq22

aqaq22 Well-Known Member

Hey wounds, I'm feelin' ya now

And, here's my opinion. I think you may be "half-right" that it could techically be considered a lie, to promise to anyone that things will get better, unless they know for sure that they will. (and your not alone, no one likes being lied to, or, in this case, pretenting). I cannot say that anyone will definately get better. I do not know what the future holds for me, or for anyone else.

What I do know is..that I, for one, tend to think in very analytical, and technical terms. At this point in my life...All I have to share with you...a bunch of "technicalities".

The point of all of this is.....

Technically, and in fact...it is not a lie, as you feel it is right now, to tell anyone that things CAN get better. Furthermore... odds are, things WILL get better, given enough time. Because, in reality, and in fact, it is NOT uncommon at all for people to get better. For suicidal people to live through unrelenting, chronic pain, to an attitude of grateful to be alive is not an uncommon phenomena. It happens to ALOT of us.

Is any of this making any sense to you?

That's not to say easy and fast. But, usually, more slowly and difficult. If "hanging in" long enough, things do tend to become easier. That's also, technically, just the way things are. The more you do anything (in this case...living) the better you're odds are at fighting through the pain, and finding some something "on the other side".

Kill yourself, you've just erased all odds. :sad:

Just the facts ma'am, nothing but the facts" :smile:

footnote...pretending it will get better, one EXCELLENT technique to help us last until we get to the other side of the pain. Someday that pretenting, at the age of 27, should become reality. :smile:
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2007
  7. DynamiteKid

DynamiteKid Well-Known Member

lives end everyday. if ya really want to end urs, go for it.
  8. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I never tell anyone things will get better. But I figure if your here at SF you yourself are still uncertain. So I am willing to help you look for options. To to see if your troubles and pains can be eased just a little. The decision is yours and yours alone in the very end and no one can take that from you. But you could also end up like me trying over and over again. That is almost as hellish as being there in the first place.
  9. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

First of all, this is a pro life so we dont wish nor recommend or help in any ways who is down low to act on their urges to suicide.

Secondly, beside the rule and site's purpose which is to help one get through the down low moments of despair, when one is really down to acting on the urge he-she will not be sitting here discussing it but rather analysing the possiiblities that there is out there for them. NOT all is negative nor positive, got to accept both equally and not sticking to the negative alone as most are blinded by depressive moods or problems that can be solved.

here is my two cents

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.