Why?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by BlackPegasus, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

Why do I always feel like the least important person in every situation? Why do I always fail? Why do I have to feel useless and unwanted? Why do I continue to breath with so much unhappiness? Why do I continue to have to experience such cruelty at the hands of life? Why??? I don't understand. Am I born inferior? Why would nature allow that?

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

It maybe, and I mean this kindly, that you have somehow taken on that feeling as part of your personality.
    If you have been in situations where you were made to feel inadequate, less than, less important than others (especially when you were a child) this can get incorporated into the way you see yourself and almost become self fulfilling. It's as if, subconsciously, you seek out people and situations that will reinforce this feeling of inadequacy.
    If you can, stand back from it for a minute and try to analyse who or what is making you feel like this.
    If it's a person...get rid...no one needs people round them that make them feel worse about themselves.
    Stand up for yourself and love yourself as much as you can..how you act towards you will have a knock on effect to how others act. :hug:

3. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

I agree with that much..I do think it has become a huge part of who I am.

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Then hun it's time to do some clearing out of the old head.
    Time to make yourself important..especially to yourself.
    Write down all the negative things you do, think and say about self...then set light to it.
    Then make a positive list, read it ever day, add to it as you make small achievements..NO MORE NEGATIVES!!!
    Negatives have no place in head as they only undermine the person thinking them.
    This does not mean you have to turn into Pollyana or grow an ego the size of the Empire state building..we all mess up sometimes, accept the fuck ups, learn from them then put them away and move on.
    Have respect for yourself and others will follow suit. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.