Why?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by JustPernicious, Jun 12, 2008.

1. JustPernicious

JustPernicious Well-Known Member

Why do I have to be this fucked up freak, why can't I be normal like most people? I know its not right, I've known it all along, but I can't help but be like this? Why, why was I cursed to not accept myself? Why do I hate myself so much? Why am I even here...

2. GaiaMischief

GaiaMischief Well-Known Member

I hear you. You're not alone. There are times I can't help but hate who I am. As hard as it is for me, I still try to better myself though. I like to think everyone can change almost anything about them if they really want it.

Try making a list of three things you would really want to change about yourself and make that your goal. I've been doing that, and even if they seem unlikely or unrealistic goals in my cynical mind, I still try to push for them because I think there's a chance I can be happy if I achieve them.

You may not think it right now, but there are tons of people in your life that believe in you.

3. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

Yo, face. I feel like you do often. You weren't cursed to not accept yourself. Given something to accept, you can accept yourself. Find something that's astounding in you and hold onto that until you get off your case about being a "fucked up freak."

You hate yourself because something, perhaps you, has taught you to. We don't pop out of the womb hating ourselves; we must've been taught to do so. That said, you can be un-taught to hate yourself. Hang in there.

And "normal" is not a goal to reach. Anyone can seem "normal." Push what's "normal" aside and work toward what's best for you.

But dude, I know how it is. Breathe easy, though. It's all right. :hug: